DevFest season is coming! Google Developer Groups in Malaysia and Singapore, in partnership with Google Developers Space, Singapore are coming together to bring you a month-long series of talks and panel discussions live on YouTube! Come join us in this one month of festivities!
Event Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yXZi4RJ9Z4
This event is part of a month-long joint effort with communities in Malaysia and Singapore. Other events in the series can be found below:
Session 1 starts at 10:00 am Singapore/Malaysia Time.
Session 2 starts at 2:00 pm Singapore/Malaysia Time.
* Session 1 - #AskAndroidSEA (Google Developer Space, Singapore) - https://events.withgoogle.com/askandroidsea/
* Session 2 - Web (GDG George Town) - https://gdg.community.dev/events/details/google-gdg-george-town-presents-devfest-george-town-2020/
* Session 1 - Machine Learning (GDG Cloud Kuala Lumpur) - https://gdg.community.dev/events/details/google-gdg-cloud-kl-presents-cloud-devfest-kuala-lumpur-2020
* Session 2 - Firebase (GDG Kuala Lumpur) - https://gdg.community.dev/events/details/google-gdg-kuala-lumpur-presents-devfest-kuala-lumpur-2020/
* Session 1 - re:Work (GDG Singapore) - https://gdg.community.dev/events/details/google-gdg-singapore-presents-gdg-singapore-devfest-2020-rework/
* Session 2 - WTM (WTM Kuala Lumpur) - COMING SOON!
* Session 1 - Android (GDG Singapore) - https://gdg.community.dev/events/details/google-gdg-singapore-presents-gdg-singapore-devfest-2020-android/
* Session 2 - Google Cloud (GDG Cloud Singapore) - COMING SOON!
* Session 1 - Flutter (WTM George Town) - COMING SOON!
* Session 2 - COMING SOON (GBG George Town) - COMING SOON!
GDG Cloud Singapore
Strategic Cloud Engineer
Lead Software Engineer
Herve is the CEO & Co-founder at Quod AI - search engine for your source code.
He is an ex Silicon Valley CTO with 10+ years of experience building software in the US. He's done cool things in the past like mentoring for the IBM AI XPRIZE, Palantir, Plato (along with engineering leaders at Google, Uber and Slack). He is a frequent speaker on AI and Software Engineering, and has advised dozens of universities and companies globally on their computer science and software engineering training curriculum.
Ronald has 15 years of experience working in the mobile app development space. More than half of his career working on startups in various industries such as mobile chat, e-commerce, grocery & food delivery. He is currently working as Engineering Manager at ShopBack, managing mobile team for ShopBack GO. ShopBack is a platform to shop smarter, customers can get cashback when they purchase from their favourite stores. ShopBack GO bring this further by allowing customers to get cashback from retail store. ShopBack operates in 9 countries, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Korea and Australia.
Weiyuan is Staff Software Engineer at Hubble. In his time as a software engineer, he has worked on Frontend, Backend and DevOps aspects of scalable and distributed web applications. He doubles up as a Software Engineer for archipelago.rocks, a classroom tool for teachers to better facilitate teaching for teachers and learning for students, which is supported by NUS and free to use.
Outside of work, Weiyuan serves as a community lead for GDG Cloud Singapore, and host events monthly to bi-weekly on cloud technologies and Google Cloud Platform. He is also a Google Developer Expert for Google, in cloud technologies, and often blogs and talks about these areas as well.
Henry is a Strategic Cloud Engineer who helps Google's most strategic clients to deploy GCP solutions from inception to production. He comes from Application Development background and is highly experienced in Agile, DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and Cloud. Henry has a diverse experience working in consulting, startup, government, banking and insurance domains. Before Google, Henry worked at ThoughtWorks helping Singapore GovTech to build and deliver several Singapore Smart Nation initiative projects.
Michael Cheng is a full stack developer with more than 10 years of experience in building dynamic websites. He is a Zend Certified Engineer/Trainer in PHP development. He currently does Ruby & Go Lang.
He runs the Singapore PHP User Group, co-founded the iOS Dev Scouts and is the organiser of PHPConf.Asia. He also runs Engineers.SG, a not-for-profit community initiative to document and archive the tech and startup scene in Singapore. His latest passion project is JuniorDevSG, a support group for junior developers in Singapore. Michael is currently a Lead Software Engineer with GovTech Singapore.
Ryo is the CEO at Autify, AI-powered software testing automation platform. Autify graduated from Alchemist Accelerator, which is one of the top startup accelerators in the US. Prior to Autify, he had been working as a software engineer for more than 10 years in San Francisco, Singapore, and Japan. Through his experience, he found that there are huge burning needs in software testing space which lead to the inception of Autify.