The course will be spread over 8 weekly meetings, we will go from learning the fundamentals to having your very own backend application deployed with Docker.
Here is our Syllabus.
The course will be instructed by a team of developers, headed by Armağan Amcalar, Head of Software Engineering at unu GmbH, and will be hosted at the King offices, in Hackesher Markt on Thursdays.
18:30 - 19:00 Free time to ask questions with instructors
19:00 - 20:15 Lesson pt. 1
20:15 - 20:30 Break
20:30 - 21:45 Lesson pt. 2
21:45 - 22:00 Wrap up
The course is designed around open-source technologies, so a Unix-like system, Linux or MacOS is preferred. Git and Visual Studio Code will be our main tools, along with Node.js. Windows is not preferred, but if you absolutely have to live on Windows, you should have a working git and Node.js installation, and the rest will work.
- Some previous programming knowledge would be really useful
- It's completely free
- It's both for beginners and not-so beginners
- Ideally you'll keep working on your project at home
- We are meeting every THURSDAY until 30/11
- The meetups at the King office
- There will be drinks and snacks
- All genders are welcome
- RSVP opens for the next meetup opens one week in advance, you can RSVP during class
- If you have questions during the week, just post them on slack! Our instructors are around to answer questions
Make sure you catch up before meeting#2. Here are your steps:
- Watch the video from meeting#1
- Read the material
- Anything not clear? ask on Slack
About our Head of Instructors
Armagan is a software architect from Berlin and currently works as the Head of Software Engineering at unu GmbH.
Following the software craftsmanship philosophy, he has taught over 40 young engineering graduates on software and helped them enter the software industry.
For the last four years, he has been focusing on distributed cloud architectures and developed among many others an open-source framework, cote.js, for building microservices with Node.js.
Follow Armagan on twitter, github or on his own blog.
About Women Techmakers
At Women Techmakers Berlin we are encouraging diversity in tech in Berlin since 2015. Get visibility, networking and resources to make the tech community of Berlin diverse and inclusive!
Follow us on twitter
Join us on facebook and on slack
See our other events on meetup