Software Engineering for Mobile 101: Insights and Tips from Industry Experts

Join Women Techmakers Berlin for a virtual event to learn from our guests - Industry Experts in Mobile Software Engineering - an Android Developer and an Engineering Manager for Mobile. Get a glimpse into day-to-day tasks of this fascinating and in-demand career. Join and ask questions, this event will be both informal and interactive!

Mar 6, 2023, 6:30 – 8:30 PM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

AndroidCareer DevelopmentCommunity BuildingInclusionMobileWomen Techmakers

About this event

Join Women Techmakers Berlin for a virtual event with two great speakers with years of experience in Tech industry. They are gonna share insight about taking the first steps to become a software engineer with a focus on Mobile. Get a glimpse into this fascinating and in-demand career and ask questions, this event will be both informal and interactive.

A panel of speakers:

Paula Rosa - Brazilian, Android Developer @HelloFresh with 9 years of experience. During my studies - Mechatronics field - I used to say that would never become a developer. Later, in my 30s, changed from industrial designer to Android Developer. Since the beginning, involved with the Android community and active as meet-up and conference speaker for cool topics like accessibility - my passion. I love to share knowledge and inspire others with my story so that anyone sees, it is possible to become a developer.

Chris Ward - Android Engineering Manager @NordVPN. Chris started coding life as a full-stack developer and moved between all sorts of weird and wonderful disciplines and industries before he settled on Android. Diagnosed with depression, anxiety and ADHD, he taglines himself as Very Mentally Ill(TM) and writes/speaks about his experience of being diagnosed very late in life and how he deals with the unique challenges ADHD brings to an individual working in tech.

Moderated by Anna Morgiel, Android Engineer with 6 years of experience. Women Techmakers Berlin organiser, formed GDG Berlin Android organiser

When

When

Monday, March 6, 2023
6:30 PM – 8:30 PM UTC

Agenda

Women Techmakers Berlin intro
Talk by Paula Rosa, Android Engineer
Talk by Chris Ward, Engineering Manager
Questions & Answers

Organizers

• Natalie Pistunovich

Independent Consultant