The course will be spread over 9 weekly meetings, we will go from learning the fundamentals to having your very own backend application deployed with Docker.
★ Course description★
The course is designed around open-source technologies, so a Unix-like system, Linux or MacOS is preferred. Git and Visual Studio Code will be our main tools, along with Node.js. Windows is not preferred, but if you absolutely have to live on Windows, you should have a working git and Node.js installation, and the rest will work.
- Some previous programming knowledge would be really useful
- It's completely free
- It's both for beginners and not-so beginners
- Ideally, you'll keep working on your project at home
- All genders are welcome
- RSVP opens one week in advance
★ Lecture 5: Adding a MongoDB Datastore ★
This session improves on the previous express application and introduces a MongoDB database as the datastore. We look into mongoose ODM and how to model simple data structures in MongoDB. We also talk about database denormalization approaches MongoDB enables. Further experiments with MongoDB queries and wiring the REST endpoints of the express app to real data.
★ Before the class ★
- Update your RSPV if you are not able to come.
- Join our WTM Slack (https://slack.wtmberlin.com/) and #js-crash-course group.
- Check the pinned items of #js-crash-course.
- Check our Welcome Guide (https://github.com/WTMBerlin/jscc-welcomeguide). Make sure that you have at least all the steps until MongoDB and Robo3T (included) ready.
- If possible, watch the previous videos to be on track (they are on the pinned items of #js-crash-course).
- Don’t forget to bring your laptop and charger! :)
★ About Our Instructor★
Armagan is a software architect from Berlin and currently works as the Senior Engineering Manager at Wayfair.
Following the software craftsmanship philosophy, he has taught over 40 young engineering graduates on software and helped them enter the software industry.
For the last five years, he has been focusing on distributed cloud architectures and developed among many others an open-source framework, cote.js, for building microservices with Node.js.
Follow Armagan on twitter.com/dashersw, https://github.com/dashersw or on his own blog https://arm.ag.
★ ABOUT HOSTING COMPANY ★
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving. https://www.wayfair.com/
★ ABOUT WTM BERLIN ★
At Women Techmakers Berlin we have been encouraging diversity in tech in Berlin since 2015. We strive for visibility, networking and resources to make the tech community of Berlin inclusive. We are one of the most active chapters of the global Women Techmakers program run by Google.
Our meetup groups are always open to people of all backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, race, expertise, etc. - everyone is welcome!
All our events are free of charge.
Please read and observe our shared code of conduct. More information here: http://berlincodeofconduct.org/
Follow us on TWITTER:
Join us on FACEBOOK:
And join us on SLACK: