We’re excited to see you all Tuesday at Agosto to learn and play around with ARCore and Sceneform!
We’ll be limited on time, so we’ll start promptly, and you’ll want to get to this checklist *before* arriving†
1) Bring a laptop
2) Download Android Studio to your laptop: https://developer.android.com/studio/install
3) Add the Sceneform plugin to Android Studio. You can install this by selecting “Preferences” from Android Studio, then the “plugins” section and “browse repositories” for "Google Sceneform Tools (Beta)"
4) Clone this repository (If you have questions about how to clone a repo, check out this link: https://services.github.com/on-demand/github-cli/clone-repo-cli): https://github.com/googlecodelabs/sceneform-intro
5) Download the 3D models for the codelab https://github.com/googlecodelabs/sceneform-intro/raw/master/sampledata.zip
6) Bring your ARCore Compatible device if possible (if you don’t have one, we’ll have some devices for you folks to use during the event). You can find the list of supported devices here: https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/supported-devices
†If you can’t do this before the meetup, it’s definitely still okay to come. It’ll just make everything smoother for you and us if you can.
Bring your laptops and join us as the excellent Chelsea Okey shows us the ropes regarding the basics of developing with ARCore for Android.
6:30 - Snacks and socializing *
6:45 - Short greeting and intro by GDG Organizer
7:00 - Chelsea presents a brief intro to ARCore
7:15 - We'll go through the codelab together
8:45 - Adjourn and go make your own ARCore apps
Presented by Chelsea Okey
*Remember, the volunteers at Agosto are generous with their time and space, but they can't accommodate early arrivals. Please don't show up before 6:30. If you're in the area early, there are several great coffee shops and bars nearby.
ARCore is Google’s platform for building augmented reality experiences. Join us as we learn about how to develop real AR apps using different free APIs from Google.
This event is intended for developers new to ARCore who’d like to get started building apps using ARCore. No previous experience is required to attend, but it would be more beneficial to be serious about learning about ARCore and how to implement it.
If you'd like to take a look at the codelab in advance, you can find it here: https://codelabs.developers.google.com/codelabs/sceneform-intro/index.html?index=..%2F..%2Findex#0