Google I/O 2018 Extended: I/O Recap

Come join us for I/O Extended as we discuss all of the happenings at Google's big developer event Google I/O. This year we are doing it a bit differently and doing it after the fact. We will have a panel and show some clips from the keynote and/or talks. During the panel, we will talk about various announcements and the impact they have. We will also have food and drinks (maybe more ;) )! Our Pan

May 15, 2018, 10:30 PM – May 16, 2018, 1:00 AM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

About this event

Come join us for I/O Extended as we discuss all of the happenings at Google's big developer event Google I/O. This year we are doing it a bit differently and doing it after the fact. We will have a panel and show some clips from the keynote and/or talks. During the panel, we will talk about various announcements and the impact they have. We will also have food and drinks (maybe more ;) )!

Our Panelists are:
Brittney Braxton is a software developer at Healthcare Service Corporation and co-leader of the Chicago chapter of Girl Develop It. She enjoys crafting, coding, and cats, all while enjoying a good cup of tea. Brittney strives to connect with folks who geek out over code with hopes to contribute to a friendly and inviting tech community.

Arelia Jones is a web developer at Sprout Social, co-leader of the Chicago Chapter of Girl Develop It, and co-founder and instructor at CoderSpace where she teaches web development to high school students. She has a lifelong passion for the web and enjoys learning and helping others learn more about technology.

Jerrell Mardis is a Google Developer Expert for Android, a Lead Android Engineer at Salesforce.com, and an organizer for the popular Chicago Roboto Android conference. He’s been developing apps for Android since Android 2.0 and is passionate about building beautiful and functional Android apps that exceed users’ expectations.

Jeremy Shore is a Software Engineer at GoHealth and a co-organizer for GDG Chicago. He has a strong passion for learning, development, and design. Personally, he does a lot of work with technologies like Kubernetes, Web, Firebase, and Android.

We will cover a bunch of exciting announcements and news!

Agenda:
5:30-6:00 Food, Drinks, Networking & Announcements
6:00-7:15 Panel Discussion w/ video clips of I/O
7:15-7:30 Wrap up

Organizers

• Dan Baran

GDG Chicago

Organizer

• Joel Vasallo

TAG - The Aspen Group

Director, Platform Engineering

• Jeremy Shore