Are you interested in building Augmented Reality (AR) apps but don't know where to start?
We are going to help you kick start your AR career with this full-day hands-on ARCore Unity workshop!
As a part of the continuing Google DevFest 2018 activities with GDG Toronto, we will be hosting the official ARCore Workshop at Symbility Intersect on Nov 24, 2018!
## About ARCore
ARCore is developed by Google and it works on IOS and Android. It provides native APIs for all of the essential AR features like motion tracking, environmental understanding, and light estimation. With these capabilities you can build entirely new AR experiences or enhance existing apps with AR features.
## Registration Details
There will be 40 seats available and the registration fee is $25 CAD.
The fee includes:
- A full day of learning and making Augmented Reality Apps
- Catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- The first 15 signups will receive a Google Cardboard
Macy Kuang is a Google Developer Expert for Wearables and IoT, and Intel Innovator for IoT and Gaming. She has been working as a game developer for over 10 years and has helped develop and release game titles such as Peppa Pig for iPad, Asphalt 6, Insidious 3 VR and more. These days, she helps businesses launch their creative ideas into interactive digital products at Miaomiao Games.
You can see Macy's previous talks online at: http://youtube.com/codetocreate
## Workshop Requirements
### Must have:
- A personal computer that can run Unity3D
- Download and install Unity[masked]f1 or later, download here:(https://store.unity.com/products/unity-personal?button=1)
- Download ARCore SDK for Unity(https://github.com/google-ar/arcore-unity-sdk/releases/download/v1.5.0/arcore-unity-sdk-v1.5.0.unitypackage)
Downloading and installing all of the software at the workshop will delay your progress, so we highly recommend you do so before arrival.
If you are interested in the event and have questions about the required programs or are having difficulty getting these installed, please let us know and we will see if we can arrange a time to help you out!
### Good to have:
- A Supported Android(Need to be able to install ARCore Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.ar.core&hl=en) and or IOS device and the cable that can connect your phone with your computer.
-- Supported list here: https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/supported-devices
- For Android Deployment
-- Android SDK 7.0 (API Level 24) or later(install it during Unity installation)
- For IOS Deployment
-- A MAC
-- (Apple Developer Program is required to run apps on IOS.)
10:00 AM Doors opens, light breakfast
10:45 ARCore overview and Deep-dive into some of the features
11 :15 Intro to Unity 3D
12:00 Catered lunch
13:00 Setup and configuration for Afternoon Activities
13:30 Developing in 3D - Poly Toolkit for Unity
15:00 Build an AR app together
17:00 Celebration and closing remarks
If you have any questions at all, please reach out and let us know!
Look forward to seeing you there!
The GDG Toronto Team