Google I/O 2019 Extended Seattle

If you cannot attend the Google I/O conference in Mountain View this year, you can get an update from Googlers and the Seattle GDG-ers who did attend. We will have a series of lightning talks that highlight the most exciting and interesting new technologies that we learned from Google I/O. SCHEDULE 6:00PM Check-in & food/drinks 6:45PM Welcome & talks start 8:00PM Wrap-up TALKS * An intro

May 23, 2019, 1:00 – 4:00 AM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

AndroidCloudMachine LearningWeb

About this event

If you cannot attend the Google I/O conference in Mountain View this year, you can get an update from Googlers and the Seattle GDG-ers who did attend. We will have a series of lightning talks that highlight the most exciting and interesting new technologies that we learned from Google I/O.

SCHEDULE
6:00PM Check-in & food/drinks
6:45PM Welcome & talks start
8:00PM Wrap-up

TALKS
* An intro to Dart via Flutter, by Kevin Moore, Product Manager of Dart
* What’s new in Kotlin? by Nate Ebel, Android Dev
* On-device ML, by Margaret Maynard-Reid, ML GDE
* ML & TensorFlow at I/O 2019, by Niveditha Kalavakonda, UW PhD student
* What's new in Angular? by Mikael Mörlund, Angular dev
* Linux apps on Chromebook, by Clive Boulton, GDG Organizer

Demo of robotics and edge TPU...

SPEAKSERS

Kevin Moore
-----------------
Kevin is a product manager on the Dart team, where he works on compilers, build tools, and libraries to support the web. Prior to Google, Kevin owned a software consulting firm. Before that, he was a program manager at Microsoft. He earned a bachelor's degree in computer engineering from Iowa State University.

Margaret Maynard-Reid
--------------------------------
ML GDE who develops Android apps with intelligence. Leads GDG Seattle and co-organizes Seattle Data/Analytics/Machine Learning. Writes blogs and speaks at conferences on TensorFlow, deep learning and Android. Passionate about community building and helping others get into AI/ML.

Niveditha Kalavakonda
-------------------------------
Nivii Kalavakonda is a 2nd year Ph.D student at the University of Washington, Seattle. She works in the BioRobotics Lab with Prof. Blake Hannaford. Her research focuses on surgical robotics and vision. She is also interested in policy research related to use of robotics in surgery.

Nate Ebel
-------------
Nate is an Android developer that loves to build quality software and to help others do the same.

Mikael Mörlund
---------------------
A long time ago on a computer far, far away... it all started on a Commodore 64. Swedish Mike has been working as a developer at BlackRock since 2003. He enjoys traveling with his wife, putting together IKEA furniture and spending time with his labradoodle. He is also the creator for Angular BeastCode Snippets for Visual Studio Code.

PARKING
Only street parking is available. Here are some options nearby: the nearby U-Park lots are Lot 52, Lot 58, Lot 62, Lot 71, Lot 72, Fremont #81, and the Red Door Lower Garage #71B.

RSVP WITH COMPLETE NAMES
Please note that this meetup happens in a Google building so we need to provide building security with first/last names of attendees. Please make sure your have first and last name (ok to abbreviate) in your meetup profile; otherwise you may be moved to the waitlist until that is corrected.

Organizers

• Margaret Maynard-Reid

GDG Organizer

• Yenchi Lin

GDG Organizer

• clive boulton

GDG

Architect and Engineer

• Vishal Pallerla

GDG organizer

• David Gamez

GDG Organizer