Happy new year, everyone! We have two interesting talks for our first meetup of the year that we're excited to share. RESTful Web Services with Spring Boot (Chandra Gaajula)
Chandra will go over the following topics in this talk:
1. Introduction to Spring Boot - Goals and Important Features
2. Using Spring Initializr to create a Spring Boot Application
3. Creating a Simple REST Controller
4. What is Spring Boot Auto Configuration?
5. Spring Boot vs Spring vs Spring MVC
6. Spring Boot Starter Projects - Starter Web and Starter JPA
7. Overview of different Spring Boot Starter Projects
8. Spring Boot Actuator
9. Spring Boot Developer Tools
Intro to AOT builds (John Norris)
We will focus on using the Angular Ahead of Time compiler along with Angular-CLI.
John is a Senior Application Developer at SHI Corp doing B2B ECommerce.
This talk will go into the difference between the Just-inTime (JiT) compiler and Ahead-of-Time (AoT) compiler.
We will talk about some issues with JiT and how AoT can help.
Finally - we'll discuss how you can use the Angular CLI with you development and production AoT builds.
And as usual, TekSystems will be providing us with pizza and beverages while we raffle off our monthly prizes.
WTM Ambassador & WTM Lead