• What we'll do
Java has been the language for Android ever since it started. Not anymore. Kotlin is now an official language on Android.
Kotlin is a statically typed programming language that runs on the JVM and is completely interoperable with Java. Kotlin is an officially supported language for developing Android apps, along with Java.
In this event, we will learn the basics of Kotlin, create an Android app using it, and during the session we'll see why you should make the switch from Java to Kotlin
*Professionals are prioritized for this event
• What to bring
- Laptop with Android Studio 3.0 and the SDK Tools installed
Android Phone with USB cable https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html#downloads
• Important Reminders
- Before applying assess your availability and commitment first. We want to prioritize and give slots to those who really want to learn.
- NO LAPTOP NO ENTRY
- This event is FREE but slots are limited. To apply for a ticket you need to be WAITLISTED first (as seen in the upper-right of the page). Make sure that your FULL NAME on your profile is correct. Only confirmed participants (RSVPed Yes) can attend the event.
- To those who were "RSVPed yes". If you are not sure attending the event, kindly change your status to "RSVPed No" so that we can give the slots to others. Slots are non-transferable.
- NO SHOW POLICY: Failure to attend and cancel your slot days prior the event will affect your participation in future events. Meetup automatically keeps track of your attendance.