This is a collaborative event with the NYC Flutter Developer Meetup
For this event please RSVP on THEIR event page at:
ABOUT FLUTTER STUDY JAMS
Join us to complete the Udacity course on "Building Native Mobile Apps with Flutter" and get your Flutter foundations right. Everyone who completes the course with us gets a certificate to showcase the achievement.
YOUR ACTION ITEMS (Sep 10-Oct 1)
1. Join the Slack; http://bit.ly/flutterstudyjam-slack
2. Join the #2018-studyjams channel there
3. Check out Kickoff slides: https://jams18-kickoff.flutter.fyi
4. Work on the Udacity Course: https://www.udacity.com/course/build-native-mobile-apps-with-flutter--ud905
TAKE THE SHOWCASE CHALLENGE (Oct 1)
1. Complete the course // Take screenshots of your final app and share it with a link to your GitHub repo on our Slack.
2. Do something extra // Either extend the final app with some new feature (use a new widget, use new data source, add a new route, create custom animation etc.) OR build a new app using what you learnt.
3. Sign up to do a 5-minute talk on Oct 1 // Either share what you learnt from (1) or show off a demo of what you did in (2).
SHOWCASE PARTICIPATION INCENTIVES:
Here is what you could get in return. All showcase presenters will be entered into a raffle with the following prizes at stake:
1. 5 UDEMY COURSE passes
2. 3 JetBrains LICENSES
3. A Dash PLUSHIE (rare)
Plus, all speakers will be listed on our Flutter StudyJams website (https://stiudyjams.flutter.camp) giving you a permanent link to showcase your Flutter & Presentation skills in a resume or online profile. I also hope to write up a recap to post on @flutterfyi (https://twitter.com/flutterfyi) to amplify your achievements.
Most importantly, you will be helping other members of the community by inspiring them to explore Flutter apps or public speaking themselves.
Watch this space for updates
Study Jams supported online via FlutterCamp Slack
Slack : https://flutter-camp.slack.com
Channel : #2018-studyjams
Get Invite : http://bit.ly/flutterstudyjam-slack
Twitter : @flutterfyi (https://www.twitter.com/flutterfyi)
Android Engineer III