Google I/O Extended Bronx 2019

GDG Bronx

Google I/O Extended is back in the Bronx! Make sure not to miss Google I/O Extended 2019 where we will be bringing the I/O experience to the Bronx. #io19extended https://twitter.com/@gdgbronx There will live talks from leading tech professionals, recaps, code labs, networking, food, fun, swag on a Saturday. Topics Include Web Development, AMP, Mobile Android Development, Machine Learning, GSuit

Jun 22, 2019, 1:45 – 8:00 PM

0 RSVP'd

Key Themes

About this event

Google I/O Extended is back in the Bronx!

Make sure not to miss Google I/O Extended 2019 where we will be bringing the I/O experience to the Bronx. #io19extended https://twitter.com/@gdgbronx

There will live talks from leading tech professionals, recaps, code labs, networking, food, fun, swag on a Saturday.

Topics Include Web Development, AMP, Mobile Android Development, Machine Learning, GSuite, Google Assistant, Dialogflow, Kotlin, Flutter and MORE!

To see the Google I/O schedule we are using to build our agenda on go here https://events.google.com/io/schedule

AGENDA:
9:45am Doors Open with Continental Breakfast
10:00am Welcome, Announcements & Streaming Keynote
_
10:30am - 11:15am Session 1 Alicia Williams, Google
Data Analysis with G Suite and GCP
_
11:30am - 12:15pm Session 2 Ben Morss, Google
We Built an E-commerce Site with AMP. You can, too!
_
12:15pm - 1:00pm Lunch & Networking Break
_
1:00pm - 1:45pm Session 3 Curtis St Pierre, xMatters
A DevOps Journey from Openstack to GCP
_
1:45pm - 2:30pm Session 4 Anna Nerezova, Artnet
AMPlify Your Site - Make It Beautiful and Fast
_
2:30pm - 2:45pm Snack Break
_
2:45pm - 3:30pm Session 5 Rafael Gonzalez, Lehman College
Actions On Google Assistant
_
3:30pm - 4:00pm
Closing Ceremony & Networking Time

___
Speaker Bios:
___
Alicia Williams, Google -
Alicia is a developer advocate for Google Cloud. Previously she spent six years as a program manager and through building, managing, and measuring programs and processes, she fell in love with data science. Known to hang out in spreadsheets surrounded by formulas, she also uses machine learning, SQL, and visualizations to help solve problems and tell stories.
___
Anna Nerezova, Artnet (Google Developer Expert) -
Anna Nerezova is a Google Analytics expert, responsible for Optimization and Analytics at artnet.com. She is also one of the 100 recipients of the inaugural 2019 Cloud Engineer Career Readiness Cohort and Scholarship
___
Ben Morss, Google -
Ben is a Developer Advocate at Google, where he’s working to help the Web be faster and more beautiful. Prior to Google, he worked at the New York Times and AOL. He earned a BA in Computer Science at Harvard and a PhD in Music at the University of California. Rumor is that he still runs a band called Ancient Babies.
___
Curtis St Pierre, xMatters -
Curtis St Pierre, believes that the world is a better place when everything is automated. If he could automate himself out of a job he would. As a Team Lead at xMatters with a background in software development and operations he has worked across the full stack of software development and likes to think about what happens when things fail. Building software that never fails is impossible so what do we do to ensure when things to fail the blast radius is as small as possible.
___
Rafael Gonzalez, Lehman College -
Rafael Gonzalez is currently the Campus Director for the Pathways to Student STEM Success Program at Lehman College, Bronx Community College, and Hostos Community College as well as an adjunct lecturer in Mathematics. Rafael earned a B.A in Mathematics from Lehman College in 2017 and is currently pursuing his masters degree in mathematics. Rafael's interests include Number Theory, virtual and augmented reality, and the Google Assistant. In his free time, Rafael likes to volunteer as a GDG Bronx Co-Organizer and as an Xbox Ambassador. He is a devout Brooklyn Nets fan.
___

Public Transportation & Parking:
Buses: Bx 10,22,26,28, WP20
Subway: 4, B/D
Parking: street parking

#io19extended @gdgbronx

Thanks to our Sponsors, Google, Lehman College, and xMatters!

Organizers

• Eva-Maria Sofianos

GDG Bronx

GDG Organizer

• Hendrix Tavarez

Organizer

Contact Us