In cooperation with Trend Micro, as a Strategic Partner, CyberTalents is co-organizing Kuwait National Cybersecurity CTF with GDG WTM and WiCSME and in support of KFAS for the second year consecutively. It is a competition where participants can demonstrate their technical abilities. The winning team is eligible to compete in regional and international CTFs representing Kuwait.
The CTF will be a Jeopardy Style CTF where every team will have a list of challenges in different categories like Reverse Engineering, Web Security, Digital Forensics, Network Security and others. For every challenge solved, the team will get a certain amount of points depending on the difficulty of the challenge. The team who will get the highest score at the end of the day will be the winning team.
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/x/kuwait-national-cyber-security-ctf-2020-tickets-100109853266
- The minimum number of team members is two and the maximum number is 4 with the below conditions:
- At least one member of the team should be undergraduates.
- At least one member of the team should be holding the Kuwaiti Nationality.
- At least one member of the team should be a female.
- Sharing the flags between different teams is prohibited.
- Brute Force attacks on the challenges submission portal or challenges links are not allowed.
- Any attack against the site or the hosted servers will be observed and the player will be banned from participating in the CTF immediately.
- Organizers have the permission to disqualify teams for any unethical behavior or any trials to interrupt the CTF.
- The 1st winning team will travel to Egypt (fully covered flights and accommodation) to represent Kuwait at The Arab and Africa Cybersecurity CTF 2020, NIU 1-month vouchers, and will get a cash prize worth 450 KD.
- The 2nd winning team can participate (flights and accommodation are not covered), NIU 1-month vouchers, and they will get a cash prize worth 300 KD.
- The 3rd winning team can also participate in The Arab and Africa Cybersecurity CTF 2020 (flights and accommodation are not covered), get NIU 1-month vouchers, and they will get a cash prize worth 150 KD.