Google I/O Extended - Toronto 2017

Hello GDG-ers! It's I/O season once again and this year it will be coming to you live from Google I/O Extended Toronto 2017 at Devhub! **Date: **May 17th, 2017 **Time: **Doors open at 12:30pm, Keynote begins at 1:00pm, Live Content at 6:00pm **Location:** Devhub - 46 Spadina Ave, Suite 400, Toronto, ON. **Timetable **(time and schedule subject to change): 12:30pm - Doors Open 1:00pm -5:00pm

May 17, 2017, 5:00 – 8:00 PM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

About this event

Hello GDG-ers!

It's I/O season once again and this year it will be coming to you live from Google I/O Extended Toronto 2017 at Devhub!

Date: May 17th, 2017

Time: Doors open at 12:30pm, Keynote begins at 1:00pm, Live Content at 6:00pm

Timetable (time and schedule subject to change):

12:30pm -  Doors Open

1:00pm -5:00pm - Keynote and other live streamed sessions.

5:00pm-6:00pm - Dinner (provided), Networking, and Workshop set-up

6:00pm - 9:00pm - Workshop: Re-learning the Web with Angular 4 and Firebase!

Details: 

On May 17th, come join us at Devhub for Google I/O Extended Toronto 2017!  

We’ll be streaming the Google I/O Keynote beginning at 1:00pm and several live sessions. At 6:00pm we'll be holding an Angular 4 and Firebase Workshop - perfect for those looking to get their hands dirty with some code. So, even if you can't make the keynote, you'll be able to join-in for some exclusive content.

I/O Extended is being co-hosted and held at Devhub. They have  a beautiful co-working space which they are opening up for attendees. This means that while we stream the keynote and subsequent sessions you’ll be able to work there for the day. This will give you the chance to both participate in Google I/O Extended and not lose out on a day of work.

Specific details are subject to change, as we continue to work at bringing you an outstanding I/O Extended experience.

The Workshop:

Our theme - How to Do the Things You Already Know How To Do: working with Angular 4 and, time permitting, Firebase.

We'll be working through the major hurdles that comes with trying to learn Javascript frameworks.

Experience:

1. You should have some experience doing web development (building web sites or web applications)

2. You should have some experience using Javascript

Requirements:

• You need to bring a laptop (Windows or Mac)

• Install Node (https://nodejs.org/en/download/ - v 6.9.0 or higher, with NPM 3 or higher)</a> on your laptop prior to the workshop

• Install Angular CLI (<a href="https://cli.angular.io/">https://github.com/angular/angular-cli) on your laptop prior to the workshop

*if you need help with any of these configuration items, please talk with Mark or Liane — the event facilitators — before 5:30pm. 

** We apologize in advance if we are unable to help configure your system for this workshop. Sometimes people have machines with limited administrative capabilities to install software, or other custom configurations which may render some of the dependencies for the workshop unusable. In this situation, please feel free to buddy-up with someone, or take notes.

About Devhub:

We're excited to be hosting this event at Devhub, Canada’s first education and co-working space for developers of all levels. Devhub is a platform where developers can grow together, whether they’ve been coding for two decades or 8 weeks.

Our Sponsors:

Finally, we’re thrilled to announce that Devhub, Lighthouse Labs, and Symbility Intersect are sponsoring the event.

Look forward to seeing you there!

-The GDG Toronto Team and the folks at Devhub

Note: Unfortunately, the space at 46 Spadina Ave, Suite 400 is not accessible for those in wheelchairs. If you require any other accommodations, please reach out to us, and we’ll do what we can to help.

Organizer

• Solomon Hsu

GDG Organizer

Contact Us