For this meetup, Scott will present a preview of a talk he will be giving at this summer's AnDevCon in DC:
Build a Faster UI with Constraint Layout
ConstraintLayout, which was first introduced as an alpha-level feature at last year's I/O has now matured into the go-to tool for large and complex layouts. While similar to RelativeLayout, using it is much more flexible, easy, and intuitive. The resulting layouts will be flatter and perform better at run time. Even though it's the newest layout, it's compatible for use in SDK versions as far back as Android 2.3 Gingerbread (API 9).
In this session, you will learn how to:
• enable constraint layouts in your project
• use the new Layout Editor to work with constraint layouts
•convert existing layouts to constraint layout
• add new constraint layouts
• determine and add appropriate constraints
• configure constraint properties
• avoid some common pitfalls
As usual, we will adjourn afterwards to one of the nearby eating and/or drinking places for extra socializing.