I/O Extended 2023

Techno Park, Bir Zeit University, Ramallah, P627

Aug 15, 2023, 1:00 – 4:00 PM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

Google I/O Extended

About this event

Google I/O is an annual event conference for developers held by the tech giant. I/O stands for 'input/output,' a classic computing term referencing communication between a computer and the outside world.

What Are the Dates for Google I/O?

Google I/O 2023 will take place in person in May 2023, but the exact dates have not yet been announced.

After canceling the event in 2020, Google I/O returned virtually in 2021 and in person again in 2022.

How To Register to Attend

The event is free and open to all, but if you register, you can save content and chat in I/O Adventure, a virtual event that launched in 2021.

How Much Is Google I/O?

In 2022 and 2021, the event was free. Tickets for past events have ranged from $375 (for academics) to $1,150 (general admission).

Where Is Google I/O Held?

Google I/O takes place at the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View, CA. That city is home to Google; it's about 40 miles south of downtown San Francisco.

Much of the event will remain virtual, but a limited number of attendees will be onsite.

What Kinds of Topics Are Covered at Google I/O?

Announcements tend to involve updates to Android and the Pixel phone line, plus many other Google products.

The 2022 Google I/O event discussed updates to the next version of the Android 13 operating system. In addition, Google launched the Pixel 6A phone, as well as Pixel Buds Pro and Pixel Watch.

The company also provided previews of an upcoming Pixel Tablet, as well as Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro phones, which will be released in Fall 2022. Additionally, it showed a sneak peak of the AR glasses it's currently developing.

In 2021, Google introduced Android 12 Beta 1 and announced its collaboration with Samsung for a wearables platform that combines Wear OS with Tizen. After completing its acquisition of Fitbit in early 2021, Google also plans to incorporate the best Fitbit features into Wear OS.

When

When

Tuesday, August 15, 2023
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM UTC

Organizers

• Hanan Atallah

Harri

Lead Data Engineer / GDG Organizer

• Shahd Assida

Bank of Palestine | بنك فلسطين

GDG Ramallah Organizer

• Sary Hammad