Venue: Atlantic City
Google I/O happens in Mountain View from May 18-20. Every year GDG New York traditionally does an I/O "Recap" event the week after I/O. This year, we will have that and more.
5:00 pm DOORS OPEN
5:30 pm Welcome (Ralph & Nitya)
• Google IO 2016 "Highlights"
• GDG Announcements & Review of IO Requests
6:00 pm #Ask Firebase: Post I/O Live Hangout with James Tamplin (Co-founder, Firebase) and Magnus Hyttsten (Developer Advocate, Firebase) #AskFirebaseLive
8:00pm Lightning Talk
• Sara Morsi: Android Instant Apps
• Allen Firstenberg (GDE, Wearables): Google Home, Google Assistant and the future of Ubiquitous Computing.
• Eric Roffman: "VR, AR & MR @Google IO16: An indie developer's perspective" -- will cover Tango, Cardboard, YouTube and other Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality announcements.
• Lisa Wray (Google Developer Expert, Android) Android Highlights @Google IO16 and AndroidTools Demo
• Ralph Yozzo**: Firebase Queues (Discussion & Demo)
• Nitya Narasimhan**: Web Updates (Polymer App Toolbox, Chrome DevTools, Offline-First)
• Allen Firstenberg (GDE, Wearables): Google Sheets, Google Slides, and Google Classroom: Changes to eliminate cut and paste
9:00pm DOORS CLOSE
** May cover these in welcome segment if sufficient audience exists, and give others more time)
Android Engineer III