[GDG NYC] I/O Extended 2017 New York

! ! ** ** ** ** **AGENDA:** **4:00pm CODELABS SESSION (Pre-Event)** A new set of codelabs was released at Google I/O. We will open doors early for anyone who wants to come hang out and work on these code-labs prior to the tech-talks sessions that will start at 6pm. Note that these codelabs can also be completed at home at any time. However doing them at our meetup may be a great way to

Jun 5, 2017, 8:00 – 11:30 PM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

About this event

AGENDA:

4:00pm CODELABS SESSION (Pre-Event)

A new set of codelabs was released at Google I/O. We will open doors early for anyone who wants to come hang out and work on these code-labs prior to the tech-talks sessions that will start at 6pm.

Note that these codelabs can also be completed at home at any time. However doing them at our meetup may be a great way to share insights with others, get help (if stuck) or even collaborate on ideas sparked by the new technologies, APIs and SDKs that were unveiled.

IO17 Codelabs Site.

6:00pm REGULAR SESSION (Announcements)

Welcome from organizers. If you have announcements or information to share, please come speak to one of us.

We'll start off with a 10-minute video highlights reel of the Google I/O Keynote which covers the key product announcements. Following that, we will have lightning talks from attendees that will cover individual technology highlights.

Google IO Keynote in 10 Mins (plus: The Verge storystream)

6:15pm LIGHTNING TALKS (5-6 mins)

• IO17: A First Timer's Perspective & Accessibility Review (Jess)

• IO17: What's new in Android (Ernest G)

• IO17: What's new in Angular 2  (Michael Solati)

• IO17: What's new in Android Wear (Nelmer)

• IO17: What's new in Google Assistant (Allen Firstenberg)

• IO17: Android Things & Smart Assistants (Will DePalo

• IO17: What's new in IoT (Chinedu

• IO17: What's new in Machine Learning (Pracheeti) (slides)

• IO17: What's new in Cloud (Ralph) here's a link to the firebase cloud functions example that we will show: http://bit.ly/funfactsgame  or https://fun-facts-game.firebaseapp.com/

• IO17: What's new in Firebase (Nitya )

• Other:  D3 & Visualizing Trap Music (Beverly Evyn George)

7:30pm "What's new in PWA: WorkboxJS & Lighthouse / DevTools", Jeff Posnick (Web DevRel @Google)

There were a number of key announcements at Google I/O around Progressive Web Apps including the release of  WorkboxJS (JavaScript libraries for PWA) & the integration of Lighthouse (Auditing tool for PWA best practices) into Chrome DevTools. Jeff Posnick (Google Web DevRel) will cover these updates and more in his IO recap.

PS: Jeff is also the author of a PWA-related pull request to the Create-React-App that was just merged this past week. Thanks to this update, the CRA boilerplate now provides PWA support (manifest, service workers etc.) out of the box.

8:00pm "NodeJS & Google Cloud", Myles Borins (Google Cloud Developer Advocate)

Abstract TBD

8:30pm Wrap-up

9:00pm Doors Close

PLEASE DO CONSIDER SIGNING UP FOR A LIGHTNING TALK IF YOU ARE ATTENDING I/O IN PERSON OR PLANNING TO WATCH THE LIVESTREAM:  

http://bit.ly/iox-2017-gdgnyc-cfp

Organizers

• Ralph Yozzo

Tidalforce

GDG Organizer

• Anna Nerezova

GDG Organizer

• Bhavik Chopra

Pace University

Computer Science Graduate Student

• Shivika Arora

JP Morgan