Learn the basics of Flutter app development and build your first Flutter app.
Flutter is Google's UI toolkit for building beautiful, natively compiled applications for mobile, web, and desktop from a single codebase. Flutter works with existing code, is used by developers and organizations around the world, and is free and open source.
What you'll learn:
- How to write a Flutter app that looks natural on iOS, Android, and the web
- Basic structure of a Flutter app
- Finding and using packages to extend functionality
- Using hot reload for a quicker development cycle
- How to implement a stateful widget
- How to create an infinite, lazily loaded list
This lab requires a working installation of the Flutter SDK: https://docs.flutter.dev/get-started/install (1-3GB disk space, depending on your operating system).
Install Flutter SDK (pre-requisite) → https://goo.gle/3xrb2mZ
Codelab → https://goo.gle/3xzEK9t
Speaker: Nikki Blake, Senior Flutter and iOS Engineer
In this codelab, you'll create a simple mobile Flutter app. If you're familiar with object-oriented code and basic programming concepts—such as variables, loops, and conditionals—then you can complete the codelab. You don't need previous experience with Dart, mobile, or web programming.
We are going to raffle SWAG coupons! Join us virtually from anywhere!