I/O Extended 2017 Melbourne

GDG Melbourne will be hosting a I/O Extended event to recap all of the major announcements from Google I/O and talk about what's new in the Google world. I/O is Google's annual developer conference, where new products and API’s are announced and technology showcased. I/O also features a large number of technical in sessions focused on building products with Google's technologies such as Android, G

May 24, 2017, 8:00 – 11:00 AM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

About this event

GDG Melbourne will be hosting a I/O Extended event to recap all of the major announcements from Google I/O and talk about what's new in the Google world.  I/O is Google's annual developer conference, where new products and API’s are announced and technology showcased.  I/O also features a large number of technical in sessions focused on building products with Google's technologies such as Android, Google Cloud and Tensorflow.

I/O can be a busy time with a bewildering array of product announcements, new technologies and updates to make sense of.  GDG Melbourne will bring together expert developers to help you cut through the hype and understand what's important and what's not.  We will be having presentations focused on what's new in Android, Firebase, IOT and ML and a recap of the ‘IO experience’ by an I/O attendee.  

The I/O Experience - Brendan Wreford

Brendan will talk about his experience attending IO.  Find out what it was like to be there ‘on the ground’ during the keynote, hear about the best and worst technical presentations and what the after-parties were like!  

Android: What’s new - Andrew Kelly 

Andrew Kelly will cover all the new Android related announcements; Android O (including fonts, scaling text views, etc) the big Kotlin announcement, new support library features, and new developer tools!

Andrew Kelly is a Freelance Android developer based in Sydney, he's worked on apps for eBay, Commonwealth Bank, BIG W and the Sydney Opera House. Andrew is also a Google Developer Expert for Android and one of the organisers of the Google Developer Group in Sydney.  Andrew is being flown in from Sydney, especially for the event!

Firebase, IOT and ML: What’s New  - Daniel Bradby

I/O 2017 promises to have a heavy focus on firebase, IOT and machine learning. REA Technical Lead Daniel Bradby will discuss some of the new announcements and technologies around firebase, IOT and Machine Learning.

Doors open for drinks at 6pm, and talks will kickoff at 6:30pm. There’ll also be pizza, and when the talks finish up there’ll be more time for drinks, networking and discussion.

We also have free T-shirts for our attendees.  We have both mens and womens T's in a variety of sizes.  The T-shirts will be given away on a first come, first served basis, so if you want to get your exact size, make sure you arrive on time!

Organizers

• Katie Barnett

Bilue

GDE Android / GDG Organiser

• Suesi Tran

Tabcorp

Senior Flutter Developer

• Maksim Lin

Manichord

Software Engineer

• Poornima Sivakumar

GDG Organiser