Another big night after all the excitement of IO Extended! This time round we have a great lineup of talks covering a wide variety of topics, including how to sync your mobile app data with AWS & GraphQL, all the big news from WWDC and how to build a good UX for your app.
NOTE: RSVPs open ONE week before the event (see below for details).
• Unify your data with AWS AppSync – Kate Lanyon
AWS AppSync allows mobile developers to create a serverless GraphQL API for their mobiles apps. It also includes real time data syncing and offline data caching out of the box.
In this talk we’ll cover what GraphQL is and how you can use it to modularise and aggregate backend services into a single endpoint. We’ll touch on features such as type safety, code generation and automated documentation. We’ll also cover the additional benefits AWS AppSync provides on top of GraphQL such as real-time subscriptions and integrations with other AWS services.
• Whats new from WWDC – Renaud Lienhart
• Importance of developers implementing good UX – Chris Horner
• Doors open just before 6:00pm.
• Talks will kickoff at 6:30pm (and doors close).
• There'll also be food, and when the talks finish up there'll be time for drinks and networking.
• We will head off for post-event drinks at 8:30
Répondez s'il vous plaît (please respond, AKA: RSVP)
• We are trying something different this year: RSVPs open a week before the event (instead of much earlier). We found that more than 60% of people who have RSVP'd are not turning up which means other people miss out! Hopefully with an RSVP closer to the date everyone will have a better idea of their plans!
• RSVPs open: Wednesday, June 19,[masked]:00 PM
• If your response is "Yes"—please arrive before 6:20pm, or your spot may be given to a waitlisted attendee.
• If you are on the waitlist—we cannot guarantee you a spot, but, if you are interested in attending, we will let people in from the waitlist after 6:20 in limited numbers. Please be at the venue before 6:20.
Please note: we have a hard limit on the number of attendees due to venue capacity—get there early!
• Please see our waitlist policy for more details: https://www.gdgmelbourne.com/waitlist-policy/
Code of Conduct
• All attendees are asked to act in accordance with our Code of Conduct ( http://bit.ly/GDG_CoC )
Senior Flutter Developer