Another big night after all the excitement of Christmas in July! This time we have got a great line up of talks covering a wide variety of topics!
NOTE: RSVPs open Wednesday, August 21,[masked]:00 PM
• Practical ethics in technology – Nicola Nye
A glance through the news today would convince you that we have collectively abandoned our sense of ethics, with sale of data, lack of privacy regulations and the rampant use of technology to further racial profiling and government monitoring. Come to this talk and find out what it even means to "be ethical", as I look at the models that generations of philosophers have built. From the theoretical to the practical, these models form the basis for an exploration of how we can improve our own ethical behaviours, both in our personal lives but, more importantly, in the roles we play in our professional lives. You'll leave this talk with real tools to make the world a better place!
• An intro to workmanager - Harsh Overseer
• Porting an android app to Flutter - Bramley (rockgecko.com)
• Doors open just before 6:00pm.
• Talks will kickoff at 6:30pm (and doors close).
• There'll also be food, and when the talks finish up there'll be time for drinks and networking.
• We will head off for post-event drinks at 8:30
RSVPs open open Wednesday, August 21,[masked]:00 PM
• If your response is "Yes"—please arrive before 6:20pm, or your spot may be given to a waitlisted attendee.
• If you are on the waitlist—we cannot guarantee you a spot, but, if you are interested in attending, we will let people in from the waitlist after 6:20 in limited numbers. Please be at the venue before 6:20.
• Please note: we have a hard limit on the number of attendees due to venue capacity—get there early!
• Please see our waitlist policy for more details: https://www.gdgmelbourne.com/waitlist-policy/
Code of Conduct
• All attendees are asked to act in accordance with our Code of Conduct ( http://bit.ly/GDG_CoC )