I/O Extended 2019 Kraków

Google I/O 2019 is almost there. Let's meet and spend this time together at the I/O Extended! The event will take place on the first day of the conference. ***Agenda*** We will start with community presentation that will show you how to build PWA and how to avoid multiple problems during hours of development. 18:00 - 18:50 Artur Kania Tech Leader at Azimo. Old enough to be experienced, you

May 7, 2019, 4:00 – 8:00 PM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

Android

About this event

Google I/O 2019 is almost there. Let's meet and spend this time together at the I/O Extended!

The event will take place on the first day of the conference.

***Agenda***

We will start with community presentation that will show you how to build PWA and how to avoid multiple problems during hours of development.

18:00 - 18:50
Artur Kania
Tech Leader at Azimo. Old enough to be experienced, young enough to learn new things. Passionate about performance, mobile web and anything that can be written in JavaScript. Focused more on WHY than on HOW (consequences of graduating in philosophy).

Title:
PWA: expect the unexpected

Description:
Building PWA is easy. Isn’t it? All you need is HTTPS, manifes.json and a service worker. I thought exactly the same, but… there’s always a but.

Simple problems require simple solutions, but the fun begins when you already have existing, advanced projects. Multiple CDNs, APIs, what to cache and when and how? What are the limitations of popular tools used for building PWAs and is it possible to live without them? What can you expect, and what can surprise you?

I’ll share my experience of creating progressive web applications, sharing what I learned from the expected...and the unexpected.

After presentation we will watch Google IO Keynote!

19:00 - 20:30
Keynote!

End of the Keynote is not the end! It is just a beginning... Let's use that time for networking.

20:40 - 22:00
Networking

Pizza and drinks in the meantime...

Organizers

• Radoslaw Piekarz

GDG organizer

• Mateusz Herych

GDG Organizer

• Filip Misztal

GDG Organizer

Contact Us