Google I/O Extended Kisii 2024

Kisii, TBD, Kisii, TBD

GDG Kisii

Join us and learn about the latest announcements from Google I/O, the main Google developer conference. We feature talks by experts, hands-on workshops, and opportunities to network with other developers in your area.. This is an RSVP event ONLY!

Jul 13, 6:00 AM – 2:00 PM

3 RSVP'd

Key Themes

AndroidAngularCloudDuet AIFirebaseFlutterGeminiGoogle I/O ExtendedWeb

About this event

We offer a fantastic opportunity for developers and tech enthusiasts' of all levels to:

📃 Uncover the Latest from Google: Get insights into the newest announcements from Google I/O, including advancements in Android development (Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, etc.), web and cloud development (Firebase, Flutter, Angular, etc.), and other cutting-edge Google technologies.

📚Learn from Industry Experts: Deepen your understanding through engaging technical talks led by Google Developer Experts (GDEs), passionate developers, and industry leaders. These sessions provide in-depth discussions and practical takeaways you can apply to your own projects.

💻Get Hands-on: We incorporate workshops that will allow you to dive into specific technologies with real-world examples and exercises. This hands-on approach helps solidify your learning and fosters a practical understanding.

🛜Network with Your peers: Connect with fellow developers. We foster a vibrant and collaborative atmosphere, allowing you to exchange ideas, troubleshoot challenges, and build lasting connections.

💫Spark Your Passion: Google I/O Extended Kisii is designed to rekindle your excitement about technology and inspire you to explore new possibilities. We provide a platform to learn, share, and collaborate, ultimately helping you grow as a developer.

🎤Want to speak at Google I/O Kisii 2024 🤗?

Google I/O Kisii 2024 will cover multiple domain specific topics such as Android, Firebase, Google Cloud Platform, Generative AI, Flutter, and much more.

Speaking of being a part of it, you've got options! You can submit a talk or workshop proposal that's around 30 minutes long. And guess what ? There's no limit to your brilliance; submit multiple proposals if you've got 'em. We'll sift through them and pick what tickles our tech-loving fancy the most. KEEP 👁️👁️ AN EYE ON CALL FOR PAPERS. 

✍🏼 Speakers Note:📝

Please note that the community is currently not in a position to cater for your travel and accommodation expenses. While we regret that we are unable to provide direct financial support, please rest assured that our team is committed to assisting you in finding the best and most cost-effective options for your journey to Kisii. This includes but is not limited to Visa Letter recommendation("for international speakers"), accommodation options, and much more as per requirements.

⚠️Consent statement

By entering the event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, and video recording of yourself and your voice. You also consent to the release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction of any and all recorded media of your appearance, voice, and name for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity in connection with the event and its organizers, including, by way of example only, use on websites, in social media, news and advertising.

We respect your privacy and we would like to ensure you have a notable moments of Google I/O Extended Kisii 2024. Should you prefer not to be involved in any photography, Videography, audios and the likeliness, Please notify our organizing team prior or during the event. Our team will make every effort to accommodate your request and ensure your privacy is respected.

If you have any questions or concerns about this consent statement, please contact the event organizers at [gdgkisii@gmail.com].

Open to All ✍🏼

Whether you're a seasoned developer or just starting your coding journey, Google I/O Extended welcomes enthusiasts of all levels. The inclusive environment allows you to learn from others and contribute your own knowledge. Learn more about our commitment on inclusive environment and community guidelines.

When

When

Saturday, July 13, 2024
6:00 AM – 2:00 PM UTC

Organizers

• Collins Jumah

Strategic Partnership

• Lina Mwakitawa

WTM Ambassador | Media and Communication Lead

• Faith Wanyangu

WTM Ambassador | Strategic Planner

• Paul Ogolla