Kotlin Meetup June 2018: Multiplatform Projects with Kotlin

Join us at Outbox on Friday 1st of June 2018 as we learn how to setup and build a multiplatform project with Kotlin. Also learn about the latest about Kotlin released at Google I/O 2018. What shall we cover? 1) Android Things and Kotlin - Brian In this talk, Brian tells us about the latest and greatest about Kotlin released at Google I/O 2018 and about the development of Sentinel, the first hom

Jun 1, 2018, 2:30 – 5:00 PM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

About this event

Join us at Outbox on Friday 1st of June 2018 as we learn how to setup and build a multiplatform project with Kotlin. Also learn about the latest about Kotlin released at Google I/O 2018.

What shall we cover?

1) Android Things and Kotlin - Brian

In this talk, Brian tells us about the latest and greatest about Kotlin released at Google I/O 2018 and about the development of Sentinel, the first home security robot powered by Android Things, and how hardware, software, coded in Kotlin, Firebase and how the Google Cloud Platform integrates with Sentinel to "bring it to life".

2) Kotlin Multiplatform Projects - Johnstone

A Kotlin multiplatform project allows you share code between different platforms. It takes a different approach to cross platform development than Xamarin and other frameworks. This talk will be about how to setup and build a multiplatform project. We will look at features of Kotlin multiplatform development through an example project. We will also look at the current limitations.

Speaker Bios:

Johnstone is an Android Engineer and a Kotlin advocate. Prior to building Android apps, he was a Backend Engineer. He was an early adopter of Kotlin and absolutely loves the language. He is currently a software engineer at Safeboda.

This event is FREE to attend for all developers and enthusiasts.

Please fill out this form https://goo.gl/BhR3rV to give your details after reserving your slot here.

Organizers

• Asa Lugada

GDG Organizer

• Elijah Okello

Co-Organizer

• Tusiime Mark

Sisi Companions

Co-Organizer

• Halimah Bukirwa

Alfajiri Innovations Limited

Co-Organizer

Contact Us