Keep Calm and ES2017 | Gopherview

**Talk 1: Keep Calm and ES2017** (20 min) What is new and interesting with the ECMAScript[masked]th Edition language specification, few examples comparing the old and the new. **Speaker:** Ruddy Riba Ruddy is a software developer and a liker of all things tech, in her not being a big reader she is currently making her way through two books one about women as leaders and another on the fundament

Aug 2, 2017, 4:00 – 7:00 PM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

About this event

Talk 1:  Keep Calm and ES2017 (20 min)

What is new and interesting with the ECMAScript[masked]th Edition language specification, few examples comparing the old and the new.

Speaker: Ruddy Riba

Ruddy is a software developer and a liker of all things tech, in her not being a big reader she is currently making her way through two books one about women as leaders and another on the fundamental difference between male and females. Co founder of an organisation called Pink-IT which is a movement of women in I.T aimed at creating a network to foster a culture and way of thinking for females in the software development field.

Talk 2: Gopherview (45 min)

Come join me as I give a nice broad overview of the Go language. The language is compact and small so we I will cover most of the the features along with examples and time permitted a full end to end, but small application demo to see what Go looks like in the wild. 

Speaker: Pieter Louw

Speaker Bio: I've been a software developer since 2001 and have worked with various languages (C,PHP, Java (Android) and C#) - the last year I've been working with Go. Open Source wise I only jumped in lately where I've made small contributions to the Caddy web server project through the TCP/UDP server plugin and a gRPC middleware plugin.

In parallel I am a husband and father to a boy and a girl. 

Organizers

• Michelle Piliso

Organiser

• Koketso Motseothata

Billionaire Developers

Organizer

• Tswello Moreki

Young Cloud Explorers

Co-organizer

• Gabriel Cassim

Barrier CCTV Tech

Co-organizer