The Newburgh Free Library, OpenHub and Hudson Valley Google Developers Group (GDG) are proud to host our third
Workforce Development Summit
Friday, Dec 1, 2023
9:30 AM - 1:00 PM EST
This is an In-Person Event.
Newburgh Free Library, 124 Grand Street, Newburgh, NY 12550
- Enhance Your Resume
- Elevate Your Personal Branding
- Expand Your Industry Network
- Participate in Mock Interviews with Experts
- Bingo exercise as an ice-breaker - Sean Jones
- Small talks: success stories, what worked - what didn’t work for landing a job
Personal Branding Workshop - Ari Weinstein
- Sean Jones
- John Sturman
- Jack Lobianco
- Ari Weinstein
Speed intro Exercise
- How to introduce yourself to potential employers, co-workers, and other professional contacts.
Mock Interview Workshop (Ari)
- Networking exercise (Sean)
Mock interview Exercise
- Job search and a mock interview
- What interviewers are looking for? (not a tech interview!)
- Recruiter vs Hiring Manager vs HR
- How does the process work?
Opportunities within Google Developer Groups
- Participate in practice interviews
- 5 tables with experts: Ari, Sean, John, Yulia, Jack, Mary Jane
join us on Zoom later, 3-5pm
- John Sturman to present GDG opportunities
This event is open to the community, and we welcome career change adults and tech experts to join, mix and mingle with our students and mentors.
3:00 - 5:00 PM EST
Congressional App Challenge (Representative Pat Ryan) and MHV CSTA students will present their apps built for the challenge.
The Zoom link for presenters only, and the recording will be made available.
HVTechFest is the only Tech Festival and DevFest serving the Hudson Valley region since 2019. We want to get together and explore what's new in technology and what's going on in the workforce development field. We mix tech professionals together to learn from each other, and we mix businesses with techies to discuss opportunities. We aim to entice people to attend in person and expose them to the GDG / Google technical eco-system.