To give site visitors a better experience, the development community has found ways to improve website performance. Along the way, developers have improved accessibility for users of assistive technologies, reliability for fickle connections, and website design for a wide range of devices. It can be overwhelming at times to keep track of all the new advancements in web technology. We believe that developers want to make fast sites, but it’s too easy to make mistakes along the way.
That’s where AMP comes in. AMP was created to make it easy for developers to focus on building better features without giving customers a poor user experience.
AMP can help you create fast websites more quickly!
- If you’re an experienced web developer, you can create rich, fast sites with less code.
- If you’re a new web developer, AMP helps you learn web development. If you know some HTML and CSS, you can use AMP to make an interactive website!
As part of this workshop, we will build a sample site for a baking enthusiast, Weekend Baker.
This will be a hands-on workshop where you will
- Be introduced to the ways AMP pages differ from traditional “vanilla” websites.
- Incrementally build a using real AMP components and best practices.
- Learn to add user interaction
- Learn to accept user inputs and submit information
- Learn about Application State and
- Learn how to manage website content based on Application State
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS