I/O Extended 2019 [GDG Fremont/Cloud Silicon Valley/Cloud Fremont]

Haven't gotten the chance to catch up on what went down at Google I/O? Welcome to I/O Extended 2019 with GDG Fremont/Cloud Silicon Valley/Cloud Fremont! We're hosting a viewing party of the 2019 Developer keynote from Google I/O so you can get all caught up as well as some live talks and codelabs. Agenda: 10:00am: Check-in, Network over coffee. 10:20am: Google I/O Extended 2019 kickoff 11

Jun 15, 2019, 5:00 – 10:00 PM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

CloudMachine LearningWeb

About this event

Haven't gotten the chance to catch up on what went down at Google I/O?

Welcome to I/O Extended 2019 with GDG Fremont/Cloud Silicon Valley/Cloud Fremont!

We're hosting a viewing party of the 2019 Developer keynote from Google I/O so you can get all caught up as well as some live talks and codelabs.

Agenda:
10:00am: Check-in, Network over coffee.
10:20am: Google I/O Extended 2019 kickoff
11:00am: Live Talk with Vikram Tiwari
11:00am: Live Talk with Michael Solati
12:00pm: Lunch break
12:15pm: Continue lunch break. Who’s looking and who’s hiring?
Looking? Bring your best minute pitch for everyone to hear.
1:00pm: Codelab with Riya - bring your laptops!
1:45pm: Event wrap-up before social hour. Feel free to stick around to chat amongst your fellow devs for a bit or get help on your code! Stay for our goodies raffle. You won't wanna miss out.

ML Study Jam Track
11:00 - 11:20 Intro to Qwiklabs
11:20 - 12:00 GCP Essentials
1:00 - 1:20 Intro to Tensorflow
1:20 - 2:00 Baseline: Data, ML, AI

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speakers:
Michael Solati: Building (Progressive) Web Apps @MichaelSolati

Most people think if they want to build an app they must build two apps for Android or iOS. The web has become so much more powerful in what we can do, though. JavaScript frameworks allow developers to build a powerful web app with a fraction of the time and resources of native apps. While tools like Ionic are allowing developers to make beautiful web apps that look and behave so much like native application with their UI and offline capabilities; so much so that users might not even tell the difference. Even cooler is now you can install apps from the web onto your phone like a native app.

The web is advancing at an unprecedented rate, and you should be taking advantage of this. Learn what makes a progressive web app so progressive and some of the tooling you can use to build amazing (web) apps!

Vikram Tiwari: Cloud Run and AutoML Tables @Vikram_Tiwari

Serverless compute and ML on Google Cloud using Cloud Run and AutoML.

Building scalable web and data platforms for high availability, resilience, and security. Co-founder and all things tech at Omnilabsinc. GDE
at GoogleCloud and MachineLearning.

Riya Dashoriya: @ReeyahSDasoriya
"It's not that we use technology, we live technology" - Godfrey Reggio

I have a great zeal to learn about new technologies and share knowledge with people. I love coding. I like challenges at work or anything which can help me improve myself. I've veritable curiosity and passion to dig into things and find out how they work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organizer

• Leopoldo Hernandez

Wayfair

GDG Organizer

Contact Us