We are proud to be joining the Edinburgh University Hoppers Society as they celebrate their 15th birthday!
We offer a full day of fantastic activities enabling you to meet inspiring people and learn new skills. This year’s theme, "Reach for the Stars", invites you to imagine a world without limitations and acknowledge the importance of not giving up.
We have many opportunities to win amazing prizes and network with top-tier tech companies. Join our poster session (poster submission below!) for a chance to present the work you are most proud of to your peers, potential collaborators, and future employees, or ace our discussion round and learn more about future tech challenges.
The event is free and open for everyone - students, non-students, university staff, professionals (no matter the gender!)... you just need to register! ->> https://bit.ly/31NwTpf
9:00 GDG Edinburgh / Women Techmakers breakfast - fun challenges & prizes included!
10:00 Welcome from Hoppers
10:15 Keynote by Kate Ho, Hoppers' Founder and First President
11:45 Lightning Talks
1. Toni Scullion from Dresscode
2. Nadia from HubSpot on the importance of side projects and
how to combine python and crocheting
13:00 Lunch and Poster Session with Prizes
14:00 Workshops (in parallel)
1. TensorFlow Workshop: Get started with ML Explainability and Trust (by us, GDG Edinburgh ❤)
2. HubSpot: How to build a React WebApp
16:00 "Future Challenges" - Discussion competition with tech leaders
17:00 Networking and Reception
POSTER COMPETITION SUBMISSION
More information on: https://edinburgh-hoppers.github.io/website/events
*Tensorflow Workshop: Get started with ML Explainability and Trust*
In this workshop designed for IWD 2020 by the Tensor Flow and PAIR teams at Google, participants should will be able to:
- Discuss how UX and eng work together to design and build ML systems responsibly
- Begin training your own neural networks using TensorFlow in Colab
- Explore how you can help your users calibrate trust using the People + AI Guidebook
#IWD #IWD20 #IWD2020