This month Allen Thomas Varghese (Senior Software Engineer @Squarespace) and Mihai Todor (Senior Software Engineer @Nitro, Inc.) have volunteered to run a Golang workshop!
Note: This is a Saturday workshop event. Please do not sign up if you will not be able to attend on Saturday the 23rd.
This workshop is an introduction to the Golang programming language and would be most useful if the attendees:
* Has used at least one programming language extensively before
* Are aware of the basic data structures like arrays and key-value stores
* Knows how to read and process contents of a text file
* Understands how the code is split into different modules and linked together
* Knows how a web server works and what is a REST API
* Have some debugging experience
The workshop is split into instructional and experience sessions. Concepts of Go will be discussed and followed by small examples to reinforce the learning. 2 mini-projects will be undertaken to implement multiple concepts working in tandem. The speakers and volunteers will be around to help with questions and making sure everyone is on the same page for lessons. The instructions and solutions to exercises will be available on Github.
Fully charged laptop with power supplies. Microsoft VSCode and the official Go plugin should be installed prior to attending the workshop