In this code-lab we will make two apps one with Firebase and one with Google Assistant.
Get hands-on with ML kit. In this workshop, you will learn how to use Firebase ML Kit's text recognition, face detection, and image labeling API's to detect text, identify key facial features, and detect objects in images. See how you can get the information you need to perform tasks like OCR, identifying objects with your phone camera, embellishing selfies and portraits, or generating avatars from a user's photo. The instructors will build the app on Android.
About the speakers:
Attila Blénesi - Senior Android Engineer @ Halcyon Mobile, Speaker Mobile & AI enthusiast
Adrian Muntean - Full Stack developer @ Sector Labs and Ms Student @ Technical University of Cluj-Napoca
18:30 - 19:00 reception
19:00 - 20:00 Exploring AI on mobile with Firebase ML Kit workshop
20:00 - 21:00 Build Actions for Google Assistant (with or without coding)
• Minimal programming knowledge
• a Google account for creating the Firebase project
• Bring your laptop and install
- Android Studio - for AI workshop
- Git (https://git-scm.com/downloads)
1. We will use the ticket price to buy swags and food.
2. If you don't have PayPal account or you have problems with the payment please write us on Meetup (https://secure.meetup.com/messages/?new_convo=true) or Facebook (http://fb.com/gdgcluj).
We thank our sponsor, Micro Focus (former HP Software) for hosting this event in their beautiful space.