This workshop introduces you to GraphQL fundamentals and learn by integrating the APIs to a pre-built Flutter app. It also covers how to setup a GraphQL backend and how to use it to build apps.
We will follow a material built by Hasura team.
Key topics and takeaways:
- GraphQL vs REST
- GraphQL queries, mutations, subscriptions
- Setting up a GraphQL client
- Integrating GraphQL queries in your flutter app
- Integrating GraphQL mutations in your app to change data on the server
- Building a real-time feed with notifications using mutations and subscriptions
- Automatic updates to local state and UI after mutations
We will be building a realtime todo app using authenticated GraphQL APIs.
Please bring a personal laptop with Flutter SDK and an IDE installed. You can check our previous Flutter meetup for more details on that. (https://www.meetup.com/gdgcluj/events/262417640/)
We will use the ticket price to buy swags and food. If you don't have PayPal account or you have problems with the payment please write us on Meetup (https://secure.meetup.com/messages/?new_convo=true) or Facebook (http://fb.com/gdgcluj).