GDG Cloud Southlake #28: Brad Taylor and Shawn Augenstein: Old Problems in the New Frontiers of AI
• Brad discusses how decades-old laws and expanding regulation have new implications in the ML and Large Model age, and will touch on:
• Legal and Regulatory: Data usage rights, cautionary tale of stability.ai and Getty Images, EU's planned expansion of GDPR re models
• How Neural Networks, zero and one-shot learning, and LLMs have increased the need for better data governance, lineage management
• Shawn speaks on the coming "Data Renaissance"
• The New IP: Prompts and Internatl Interaction Data
• Where GenAI can be used right now and where it maybe shouldn't be used yet
• The Power of the Diversity of Insight
• What is making the future look bright!
Brad has been an intrapreneur and entrepreneur in data, AI, and IoT and has led teams in the creation of NLP, data products and predictive analytics for retention, churn, driver safety, traffic, CX and fleet risk. He has built solutions on global hyperscalers GCP, AWS, Azure, and IBM. Brad is a former founding partner at Tech Wildcatters, and worked with dozens of mobile, SaaS and AI start-ups, many of which became both job creators and profitable exits for TW investors. He is currently a Senior Manager in Pepsico's global Strategy and Transformation group, where he focuses on delivering AI/ML driven solutions.
Shawn Augenstein is a dynamic and highly experienced professional, who is driven by educating, providing equal access to technology and equitable access to information. Currently, Shawn serves as Principal Data & AI Consultant at CDW, where he develops the curriculum and architectures for understanding and furthering the use of AI, as well as developing solutions for both partners and clients. In his spare time, he enjoys exploring new frontiers of Diffusers, capturing moments through photography, and listening to music as a passionate melophile.