The GDG Cloud Ottawa community and organizers welcomes you to our very first in-person event of 2022, ☕️ Coffee ☕️ with Googlers 🍕🥤.
After 2 years of wait, we're back doing in-person events. A lot of things have changed during this period, we have new faces in the organizations and also in the community. We're looking forward to meeting our old and new members.
Ottawa is a relatively large (but also not small) community of tech professionals. A Google Cloud Developer Community (formerly known as “GDG Cloud”) is a group of technical Google Cloud users (enthusiasts, practitioners, developers, data scientists, ops, ...). Organizers and participants are eager to share best practices and to learn new things about Google Cloud Platform and the open source Google ecosystem.
In this gathering, we are going to
- Celebrate being together
- Get to know the Google office and have a chat with Googlers living in town
- Highlight our mission and possible opportunities for you
- Reconnect with you and build professional connections
The organizers and Googlers invite you for a coffee! Come see us.
There will be pizza, refreshments and coffee available for all the participants.
Know before you Go
- We recommend you to do street parking, observe the street parking instructions, however you should not pay much between 5pm and 5h30pm.
- Being in the downtown area of town, another option is to use several private parking options, which can be quite expensive, be aware of it.
- Another option is to park your car for free at Bayview Train Station and ride with the train going to the east direction to Parliament train station.
Transportation Instruction (bus, train):
- We recommend you to use the OC Transpo Train and stop at the Parliament Station. The train station entrance and exit is through the Sun Life Financial Centre at Queen Street. Going from the train station to 222 Queen Street, you will walk about 50m in Queen Street going west.
- There are several nearby bus stops located at Queen Street, Bank Street, Laurier Street and Albert Street. Use Google Maps to find out which one serves you best.
222 Queen St building is located a few steps across the intersection of Queen Street with Bank Street, walk to the west direction.
The main entrance can pass unnoticed by you, it's beside "Friends Coffee Co." and "Enterprise Rent-a-Car".
- Using the elevator, go up to the 10th floor.
- Leaving the elevator, look around and you will see a reception table and a coffee area.
- Identify yourself and go meet your community colleagues.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the premises of the office rooms.
- Toilets are located on the same floor, please ask for directions.
- At the kitchen area, feel free to order your coffee from the machine and consume sparkling water and natural water. Don't use the fridge without the organizer's consent.
- All garbage should be managed correctly. Identify recycle, composable and trash bins on premises.
- All building activity is being recorded, so don't access unsupervised areas without Googlers consent.