Do you want to create a real-time app that can be updated for all users in a few hundred milliseconds? A website that can simultaneously scale to millions of users without slowing down, while allowing you to upload as much data as you want without compromising performance?
Join this workshop and get the chance to learn how to use the latest Firebase component – Cloud Firestore!
**Note** We will be raffling one IntelliJ license (can be used with IntelliJ Ultimate, PyCham, WebStorm, etc) at the event.
This is a workshop for those who want to learn the basics of Firebase's database service – Cloud Firestore. The workshop provides a good and basic introduction to what Firestore is and how you can use it in your own projects.
You can think of Firebase as Google Cloud Lite, with lots of cool features, that are easy to grasp and learn. During this workshop we will create a website where you can see restaurants, as well as being able to search for one specific restaurant and post reviews, with live updates!
* There will be food and soft drinks!
* The workshop will last for 2 hours. It will consist of 20 min intro talk, followed by the practical part. We will be there to assist you.
* Bring a PC, get a Google user, and login to firebase.com
* Make sure you have installed: git, node, and npm
* The initial code will be posted on GitHub. All you need to do is to clone it and run npm install
* Jan Greger Hemb
* Erik Kringstad Olsen