• What we'll do
Learn the fundamentals of the Google Cloud Platform, how to run containers on it and how to use the platform for data engineering. Attendees get free access to the labs ($70+ value). No need to create a Google Cloud Platform account or register with a credit card.
In this Study Jam, you will:
- Learn how to set up development and production environments in the Cloud.
- To provide fun learning and networking opportunities for both professionals and students
- Get access to Qwiklabs.com, a Google training tool, free of charge (a $70+ value).
- Get Google-hosted badges like this for their online profiles, to show potential employers what they know about Cloud computing.
Agenda and schedule:
2:30 PM-3:00 PM: Registration
3:00 PM: Three Google Cloud Platform Essentials labs
4:30 PM: Break
5:00 PM: Intro to Docker or Scientific Data Processing lab
6:00 PM: Event ends
• What to bring
• Important to know
- This event is FREE but slots are limited. To apply for a ticket you need to be WAITLISTED first (as seen in the upper-right of the page. Make sure that your FULL NAME on your profile is correct. Only confirmed participants (RSVPed Yes) can be accommodated.
- To those who were "RSVPed yes". If you are not sure attending the event, kindly change your status to "RSVPed No" so that we can give the slots to others. Slots are non-transferable.
For going participants: Make sure to accomplish this google form until TUESDAY FEB 27 12PM https://goo.gl/forms/yEv5wRqMTu8xgfJu2