“Starting” up with Google Cloud 101

18:00 - 18:30: Mingling 18:30 - 19:00: Starting Up on the Cloud - Demi Ben-Ari @ Panorays 19:00 - 19:30: - ? @ Source{d} 19:30 - 20:00 - Securing Serverless by Breaking in - Guy Podjarny @ Snyk Title: Starting Up on the Cloud Abstract: All I wanted is to deploy and run my code, is that too much to request? Today, no one actually wants the hustle of working on infrastructure, we all just

Oct 9, 2018, 5:00 – 7:00 PM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

About this event

18:00 - 18:30: Mingling
18:30 - 19:00: Starting Up on the Cloud - Demi Ben-Ari @ Panorays
19:00 - 19:30: - ? @ Source{d}
19:30 - 20:00 - Securing Serverless by Breaking in - Guy Podjarny @ Snyk

Title: Starting Up on the Cloud

Abstract:
All I wanted is to deploy and run my code, is that too much to request?

Today, no one actually wants the hustle of working on infrastructure, we all just want to have running code and create value for our customers and users.
In this talk we’ll describe how we can leverage the experience and strengths of Google Cloud Platform to easily develop and deploy our code, showing how Networking and Security is made easy with the cloud, what’s SQL and NoSQL and how the hell does it launch machines? showing all of the amazing tools that will make our lives really easy and make us a 100 times much more productive as developers.
Step by step “guide” of how to start your startup company from scratch to create immediate value!
Promise to share all of the stupid things too.

Bio:
Demi Ben-Ari, Co-Founder & VP R&D @ Panorays, Google Developers Expert.
Software engineer, Entrepreneur and an International Tech Speaker.
Has over 12 years of experience in building various systems both from the field of near real time applications and Big Data distributed systems.
Co-Founder of the “Big Things” Big Data community and Google Developer Group Cloud.
Big Data Expert, but interested in all kinds of technologies, from front-end to backend, whatever moves data around.

Title: Securing Serverless by Breaking in

Abstract:
Snyk will do live hacking of a serverless app, showing the security flaws and how to address them as he goes. Here's a video of the talk he's done previously

Bio:
Guy Podjarny, Co-founder & CEO of Snyk, building developer first security tools to help you use open source and stay secure.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/guypo/

Organizers

• Amanda Cavallaro

Vonage

GDG Organizer

• Saverio Terracciano

GDG Cloud London // TIW Group Ltd

GDG Organizer

• Stefano Le Pera

The Times

GDG Organizer

• Lorenzo Turrino