• What we'll do
This meetup is for anyone in the Capital Region GDG who wants to join any of the following special interest groups (SIGs):
1. IoT SIG - As we will interface with the world with the RPis!
2. Golang SIG - As we will run Go on the RPis!
3. Machine Learning (ML) SIG - as we will be using Pachyderm.io and the Intel Neural Compute Stick
4. Cloud Native SIG - As we will. Be. Using. KUBERNETES (k8s)!
We will get the PRi3 clusters configured and running Docker and kubernetes in accordance with the links sent out previously (repeated below for convenience):
1. Hypriot blog: https://blog.hypriot.com/getting-started-with-docker-on-your-arm-device
2. Alex Ellis' blog (GH Gist): https://gist.github.com/alexellis/fdbc90de7691a1b9edb545c17da2d975
Mike Hennessy has offered his very maker-friendly space for this purpose. Though the picture above shows the lab space available, we will not be soldering right away! We will also have access to the conference room area for teaming on getting the k8s clusters up and running!
More detailed directions to M-Tech labs: 1. Turn from NY-67 into the Curtis Industrial Park (where M-Tech Labs is located)
2. Follow the gravel access road past many businesses in the Park, and M-Tech Labs will be a white building with multiple garage doors reached by continuing to follow the access road without making any turns until a bear-left at the very end.
3. I will park my car (Gray Nissan Murano SUV) along the access road to guide you to the destination. 4. My phone # is[masked] in case you need to reach me.
See you there! Looking forward to getting everyone up and running!
• What to bring
• Important to know