Google I/O Extended at Samsung NYC 2022 - Online

Join us for I/O Extended NYC 2022 to discuss your favorite new technologies announced at Google I/O with your community and hear from Googlers or Google Developer Experts for Q&As, AMAs or deep dives.

May 26, 2022, 8:00 PM – May 27, 2022, 1:00 AM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

AndroidCloudGoogle AssistantGoogle I/O ExtendedMachine LearningWeb

About this event

RSVP: https://gdg.community.dev/events/details/google-gdg-nyc-presents-io-extended-nyc-2022/ 

Google I/O connects developers from around the world for thoughtful discussions, hands-on learning with Google experts, and a first look at Google’s latest developer products.

Join us for Google I/O Extended NYC 2022 to discuss AR, Android, Flutter, Chrome, Firebase, Google Cloud, Machine Learning and more at I/O with your community and hear from Googlers and Google Developer Experts for Q&As, AMAs and deep dives.

Google I/O Extended will be hosted at the flagship Samsung AI space in NYC, where you will participate in cutting-edge experiences, take part in interactive technology installations, browse the newest products and enjoy the event at an amphitheater with a larger-than-life, three-story screen.

AGENDA

4:00 PM

Live Band - rock out with LuNika from NYC and hear their new song for Putin 

4:30 PM

Networking and refreshments - explore Samsung's metaverse, newest products and amazing experience space in the Meatpacking district of New York City

5:00 PM

Transitioning from Individual Contributor to Engineering Manager - Fireside Chat with Madona Syombua, Android Engineer at Streem and Mopewa Ogundipe, Android Engineering Manager at Clubhouse

5:30 PM

The Ultimate GoogleI/O Panel: Meet the Engineers from the Android Roadshow and Know Everything about Android 13 - Panel with Aida Issayeva, Senior Android Engineer at Twitter, Kevin Galligan, President at Touchlab, Michael Evans, Senior Android Developer at Twitter, Madona Syombua, Android Engineer at Streem

6:00 PM

Road Down Memory Lane with Android Co-Founder Rich Miner - the Android Founder will go over the past, present and future of the world's most popular mobile operating system and take your questions!

6:30 PM

Using AI/ML in Manufacturing and Robotics with Google Cloud - Lan Guan, Global Data and AI Lead, Senior Managing Director at Accenture will talk about using AI to accelerate innovation.

7:00 PM

What’s New in Angular - Jessica Januik, Senior Software Engineer at Google will walk us through the latest Angular developments from Google I/O

7:30 PM

TensorFlow.js: From Prototype to Production, What's New in 2022? - Jason Mayes, Senior Developer Advocate at Google will give you a tour of what's new for web developers with TensorFlow.js – from new models to improved tooling.

8:00 PM

Leveling the Playing Field for Entrepreneurs through AI - David Snelling, Co-Founder & CTO at WeTransact Innovation Platform and Alexis Snelling, Co-Founder & CEO at WeTransact Innovation Platform

8:30 PM

Google Unveils Cloud Run jobs for Containerized, Scripted Tasks - Martin Omander, Cloud Developer Advocate at Google

9:00 PM

What’s New in Flutter - All About Flutter 3 - Roman Jaquez, Google Developer Expert in Flutter, will walk us through all the Flutter announcements at Google I/O - from stable support for macOS and Linux apps to an upgrade of the Flutter/Firebase integration, and more.

9:30 pm - 10:00 pm Networking, raffle, photos and fun

Photography by Julian Chung

Share #IOExtendedNYC on Twitter to enter our raffle and win prizes and GDG swag. Note: the raffle prizes are for in-person attendees only!

O’Reilly https://www.oreilly.com/
O’Reilly offers 10 ebooks/books for our raffle.

When

When

May 26 – 27, 2022
8:00 PM – 1:00 AM UTC

Agenda

Doors Open
Transitioning from Individual Contributor to Engineering Manager
The Ultimate GoogleI/O Panel: Meet the Engineers from the Android Roadshow and Know Everything about Android 13
Road Down Memory Lane with Android Co-Founder Rich Miner
Using AI/ML in Manufacturing and Robotics with Google Cloud
What’s New in Angular?
TensorFlow.js: From prototype to production, what's new in 2022?
Leveling the Playing Field for Entrepreneurs through AI
Google Unveils Cloud Run jobs for Containerized, Scripted Tasks
What’s New in Flutter?
Networking, raffle, photos and fun

Speakers

• Lan Guan

Accenture

Global Data and AI Lead, Senior Managing Director

• Rich Miner

Google

Android Founder

• Mopewa Ogundipe