Join us on a 4-part series of interactive sessions where we’ll learn Flutter, targeting the web!
Goal of the series: to make you a published Flutter web developer at the end of the series - guaranteed!
Bring your idea to build (i.e. your very own personal page / portfolio, a web app that pulls data from a publicly available REST API, or even hard-coded data - your call!), or you can follow along and build one of the web apps we’ll be building from scratch during the series.
At the end of the series we will have a showcase of all the apps you have built, which you can proudly show and access publicly, and celebrate our accomplishment in becoming published Flutter web app developers!
In this Flutter Dev Camp, you will:
- Learn how to set up your local environment optimized for Flutter web development.
- Learn how to build your very own Flutter web app, using the following strategies:
- consume publicly available REST APIs and pull useful data
- implement state management in your Flutter web apps and architect your web apps in a clean fashion
- implement cool animations using native Flutter widgets to create impactful and compelling user experiences
- Learn to create and set up your own Firebase account which you will use to deploy your very own Flutter web app.
- Learn how to install the Firebase CLI and tooling required to deploy your Flutter web app to Firebase Hosting
In this session (Session #2), we will focus on the following:
Build on your web app:
- Create custom widgets
- Add animations to your widgets
- Adding custom fonts
- Adding custom icons
- Adding images (raster and vector images)
- Whoever is ready to show progress can share what they’re working on
- Get feedback on their Flutter web app
- Address any blockers during building your Flutter web app
Click here to sign up for Session #3 in advance!
This event is brought to you in collaboration with the following GDG chapters:
- GDG Capital Region
- GDG Boston Android
DON'T MISS THIS AMAZING EVENT! RSVP NOW!!!!