0. Intro & Welcome
1. Magic Sprinkles: Adding animations to your app with Jetpack Compose - Maia Gotepass
I have some Jetpack Compose UI components in my app and now I want to add animations, where do I start?
In this presentation I will look briefly at the Jetpack Compose animation api to get an overview of the animation system. Then I will look at a few quick win simple animations that can add some magic to your app. I will dive into more complex and custom animations to see what is possible. All of these experiments will be illustrated in a sample app provided in a companion repo.
At the end of this talk you will:
- have an overview of how animation works in Jetpack Compose
- have some practical animation examples that you can add to your app immediately
- have an idea of what is possible with complex and custom animations
- have a code repo of examples
2. Implementing a retro-style game using Jetpack Compose - Thomas Künneth
Jetpack Compose is the new native declarative UI framework for Android. But with Compose for Desktop it's available on other platforms, too. So why not take a look? In this talk we learn about key concepts like composable functions, state, and recomposition. And we'll do so in a fun way: we'll write a game. A retro-style game, that is. So, expect a brief reminiscence of the home computer era of the early 1980s.
Here's a short outline:
- Showing character - how early games were made
- A Jetpack Compose primer
- Moving around
- Simple game physics
The game is called Compose Dash. You can find its source code on GitHub: https://github.com/tkuenneth/compose_dash
This event is sponsored by our friends at Peach Payments.