Google I/O 2018 Recap

Google I/O 2018 has come and gone, and it brought with it loads of new exciting products and tools for developers and designers. We will be hosting a recap of some of our highlights, in the form of presentations and a fireside chat. Please see below our speakers for the evening: Johan Nell from Over (new speaker!): Architecture Components and the rewards/challenges of integrating these fast-c

Jun 18, 2018, 4:00 – 6:00 PM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

About this event

Google I/O 2018 has come and gone, and it brought with it loads of new exciting products and tools for developers and designers.

We will be hosting a recap of some of our highlights, in the form of presentations and a fireside chat.

Please see below our speakers for the evening:

Johan Nell from Over (new speaker!):
Architecture Components and the rewards/challenges of integrating these fast-changing libraries into your Android app

Alex Koller from Luno:
App Bundles and Google Play’s new app serving model, called Dynamic Delivery

Nick Rout from Over:
What's new in Material Design, including Material Theming, the Sketch plugin, Gallery and the Material Components libraries

We also have guest speakers from Flamelink (https://flamelink.io) who will be giving us a roundup of Firebase at I/O 2018. Andrew McElroy and Coenraad Fick will discuss some of the key takeouts from I/O as well as some of the new features and products announced that that will join the ever-increasing Firebase ecosystem.

Drinks, snacks and perhaps a bit of swag will be provided to attendees.

See you there!

Organizers

• Ugo M

GDG Organizer

• Siso Ngqolosi

Quicket

GDG Organizer

• Onesmus Maenzanise

APS Holdings

GDG Organzier

• JESSICA HANNAH RANDALL

University of the Western Cape