Google I/O Extended at Samsung NYC 2022 (In Person & Online)

Samsung NYC, 837 Washington St., New York, 10014

Join us for Google I/O Extended NYC 2022 to discuss AR, Android, Flutter, Chrome, Firebase, Google Cloud, Machine Learning and more at I/O with your community and hear from Googlers and Google Developer Experts for Q&As, AMAs and deep dives.

May 26, 2022, 8:00 PM – May 27, 2022, 12:00 AM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

About this event

Complete your event RSVP here: https://gdg.community.dev/events/details/google-gdg-nyc-presents-google-io-extended-at-samsung-nyc-developers-connect-learn

Google I/O connects developers from around the world for thoughtful discussions, hands-on learning with Google experts, and a first look at Google’s latest developer products.

Join us for Google I/O Extended NYC 2022 to discuss AR, Android, Flutter, Chrome, Firebase, Google Cloud, Machine Learning and more at I/O with your community and hear from Googlers and Google Developer Experts for Q&As, AMAs and deep dives.

Google I/O Extended will be hosted at the flagship Samsung AI space in NYC, where you will participate in cutting-edge experiences, take part in interactive technology installations, browse the newest products and enjoy the event at an amphitheater with a larger-than-life, three-story screen.

Agenda:

4:00 PM: Doors Open

Networking and refreshments - explore Samsung's metaverse, newest products and amazing experience space in the Meatpacking district on New York City

5:00 PM: Transitioning from Individual Contributor to Engineering Manager

Fireside Chat with Madona Syombua, Android Engineer at Streem and Mopewa Ogundipe, Android Engineering Manager at Clubhouse

5:30 PM: The Ultimate GoogleI/O Panel: Meet the Engineers from the Android Roadshow and Know Everything about Android 13

Panel with Aida Issayeva, Senior Android Engineer at Twitter, Kevin Galligan, President at Touchlab, Michael Evans, Senior Android Developer at Twitter, Madona Syombua, Android Engineer at Streem

6:00 PM: Road Down Memory Lane with Android Co-Founder Rich Miner

Rich Miner, the Android Founder will go over the past, present and future of the most popular mobile operating system and take your questions!

6:30 PM: Using AI/ML in Manufacturing and Robotics with Google Cloud

Lan Guan, Global Data and AI Lead, Senior Managing Director at Accenture will talk about using AI to accelerate innovation.

7:00 PM: What’s New in Angular?

Jessica Januik, Sr. Software Engineer at Google will walk us through the latest Angular developments from Google I/O

7:30 PM: TensorFlow.js: From prototype to production, what's new in 2022?

Jason Mayes, Senior Developer Advocate at Google will give you a tour of what's new for web developers with TensorFlow.js – from new models to improved tooling.

8:00 PM: What’s New in Flutter?

Roman Jaquez, Google Developer Expert in Flutter, will walk us through all the Flutter announcements at Google I/O - from stable support for macOS and Linux apps to an upgrade of the Flutter/Firebase integration, and more.

---

Speakers

Lan Guan - Accenture (Global Data and AI Lead, Senior Managing Director)

Rich Miner - Google (Android Founder)

Mopewa Ogundipe - Clubhouse (Engineering Manager, Android)

Jessica Janiuk - Google (Sr. Software Engineer)

Madona Syombua - Streem Inc (Android Engineer)

Aida Issayeva - Twitter (Sr. Android Engineer)

Carolina Castro - Google (Developer Relations Program Manager)

Jason Mayes - Google (Senior Developer Relations Engineer, TensorFlow.js)

Kevin Galligan - Touchlab (President)

Alexis Snelling - WeTransact (CEO Founder)

David Snelling - WeTransact (Chief Strategy Officer / Founder)

Roman Jaquez - Philips (Flutter GDE / Google Certified Cloud Architect)

Linda Kovacs - Accenture (Software Engineer)

When

When

May 26 – 27, 2022
8:00 PM – 12:00 AM UTC

Organizers

• Eva-Maria Sofianos

GDG Bronx

GDG Organizer

• Hendrix Tavarez

Organizer

Contact Us