Monthly Berlindroid meetup

c-base, 20 Rungestraße, Berlin, 10179

The oldest Android developer meetup in town 🤘 We will meet at a community-friendly location, where our community can share knowledge and experience. Contact the organizers if you or your company can host us. The same goes for possible presenters/ speakers.

Feb 28, 6:00 – 8:00 PM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

Android

About this event

Reserve your spot on Meetup

============================

Surprise Talk by Matthias Geisler (@BitPogo)

-------

Naming Is Hard: How your class, package, and module names can bite you in the ass! by Ash Davies (@ashdavies@androiddev.social)

Naming is hard, it's no unfamiliar thing to software engineers that describing our software can sometimes be just as hard as writing it in the first place. But did you know that the names we give our well-intentioned ideas can come back to haunt us?It would turn out that naming is not just hard, but it has implications! Gradle will often not actually report when names collide! Which means you might end up with unexpected class resolutions! Which leads us down the rabbit hole of, how does Java resolve classes in the first place?!This talk is a work in progress, I'll show you my problem-solving approach, and what discoveries I made along the way to find out that, well, naming is indeed, hard.

============================

Follow us on androiddev.social / Threads / BlueSky / Twitter

Do you want to offer a presentation? form here

When

When

Wednesday, February 28, 2024
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM UTC

Organizers

• Mario Bodemann

Deutsche Telekom

GDG Organizer

• Louis Tsai