Berlindroid - Android Developer Meetup Mar' 23

Choco Communications Gmbh, 54 Hasenheide, Berlin, Berlin, 10967

The oldest Android developer meetup in town 🤘 Zhanibek Marshal - Paparazzi: snapshot testing made easy Linus Muema - FormBuilder: Working with inputs in Jetpack compose @Choco

Mar 29, 2023, 5:00 – 9:00 PM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

Android

About this event

The oldest Android developer meetup in town 🤘

This month we'll have two amazing talks:

Zhanibek Marshal - Paparazzi: snapshot testing made easy

@megasuperhero or @zhanibek@androiddev.social

Engineers from Cashapp have discovered that they could use render engine on Android Studio to adapt it as simple snapshot testing, which can run without Android SDK dependencies. With latest support for Jetpack Compose on Paparazzi, my team, design System team at TradeRepublic, decided to have proper snapshot testing for our UI components. This session gonna cover experience from our team to integrate this snapshot testing tool and discoveries from it.

Linus Muema - FormBuilder: Working with inputs in Jetpack compose

@LinusMoose

Form inputs are common in Android development. Working with them appears to be an easy process of collecting data. However, with more functionality involved, it becomes a bit verbose and repetitive. And that is what the form builder library aims to solve.

When building this library, we considered every aspect of working with inputs in order to abstract most of the functionality. We come up with an easy way of handling state, validation etc and in this session, I would like to go over how we came up with some of the solutions.

I will also go over how the library works and some of the cases that led to the decisions we made. That and to collect feedback from you developers on what you think of the library and how it can be improved.

Complete your event RSVP here: https://gdg.community.dev/events/details/google-gdg-berlin-android-presents-berlindroid-android-developer-meetup-mar-23-2023-03-29/.

When

When

Wednesday, March 29, 2023
5:00 PM – 9:00 PM UTC

Organizers

• Mario Bodemann

Deutsche Telekom

GDG Organizer

• Louis Tsai

Zalando SE

Android Developer

• Matthias Geisler