As cloud computing slowly continues to replace traditional software infrastructure, many enterprises are still grappling with the best route forward, ramping up the talent and know-how to leverage all of the new technology emerging from the big cloud vendors, all while keeping their businesses up and running.
Here in GDG Athlone, we are excited to announce a new series of Cloud Computing Technical Series with Hands on Labs. Our ambition is to enable you to learn Cloud Computing and prepare for various Google Cloud certifications to validate your expertise and show your ability to transform businesses with Google Cloud technology. You are encouraged to share your knowledge and experience through these series with our community.
This is the first of the series in which we will take you through the basics and hands on sessions of Cloud Computing with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
This is a Beginner level event in Cloud Computing.
• Cloud Computing - What and why?
• Google Cloud Platform
• Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Overview
○ GCP resources
○ Accessing resources through services
○ Global, regional, and zonal resources
○ Ways to interact with the services
§ Google Cloud Console
§ Command-line interface
§ Client libraries
• Creating a Google Cloud Account
• GCP services
○ Compute/ Processing Services
○ Storage Services
○ Networking Services
• Understanding GCP Compute/ Processing Services
○ Hands on lab : Creating and Editing a VM Instance
• Computer with Internet Connection
• Preferably a Gmail Account
Note: This is an Online Meetup.
We use Basic Zoom Meeting Plan for free with unlimited meetings. Basic plan has a 40 minutes time limit on meetings with three or more total participants. We might need to start another meeting when the time limit reaches.
Topic: Get started with Cloud Computing - Part 1
Time: Apr 2, 2020 06:00 PM London
Meeting ID: 457 106 399
Topic: Get started with Cloud Computing - Part 2
Time: Apr 2, 2020 06:45 PM London
Meeting ID: 883 992 724
Follow us on Twitter for updates: