Google I/O Extended - Toronto 2016

Hello GDG-ers! It's I/O season once again and this year it will be coming to you live from our Google I/O Extended Toronto 2016! **Date: **May 18th, 2016 **Time:** Doors open at 12:30pm, Keynote begins at 1:00pm, Live Content at 6:00pm **Location: **Devhub - 46 Spadina Ave, Suite 400, Toronto, ON. **Timetable:** 12:30pm - Doors Open 1:00pm - 6:00pm - Keynote and other live streamed sessions

May 18, 2016, 5:00 – 8:00 PM

RSVP'd

Key Themes

About this event

Hello GDG-ers!

It's I/O season once again and this year it will be coming to you live from our Google I/O Extended Toronto 2016!

Date: May 18th, 2016

Time: Doors open at 12:30pm, Keynote begins at 1:00pm, Live Content at 6:00pm

Timetable:

12:30pm -  Doors Open

1:00pm - 6:00pm - Keynote and other live streamed sessions.

6:00pm - Live Speaker: Matthew Izatt - Product Management Lead for Gmail

Details: *UPDATED*

On May 18th, come join us at Devhub for Google I/O Extended Toronto 2016!  

We’ll be streaming the Google I/O Keynote beginning at 1:00pm and several live sessions. At 6:00pm we'll feature some live speakers so even if you can't make the keynote, you'll be able to join-in for some exclusive content.

I/O Extended is being co-hosted and held at Devhub. They have  a beautiful co-working space which they are opening up for attendees. This means that while we stream the keynote and subsequent sessions you’ll be able to work there for the day. This will give you the chance to both participate in Google I/O Extended and not lose out on a day of work.

We’ll also be able to facilitate break-out discussions after each streamed talk in a separate room allowing you the time to engage with fellow attendees and Google's latest announcements. 

Specific details are subject to change, as we continue to work at bringing you an outstanding I/O Extended experience. Food and drinks will be provided throughout the day and dinner prior to our live event.

For the live portion of I/O Extended, we are please to announce that Matthew Izatt, a Product Management Lead for Gmail will be joining us.

About Matthew Izatt:

Matthew is the product management lead for Gmail’s mobile and work efforts. Matthew has led recent efforts to redesign Gmail on Android, across mobile and tablet, and to ensure the best of Gmail is available to everyone - no matter what their service provider. Similarly, Matthew is leading the Gmail team’s efforts to ensure that Google Apps for Work is the best mail service, for any business.

Prior to Google, Matthew spent extended time designing, selling and deploying cryptographic security solutions at Certicom. Earlier in his career he observed the dot-com era boom and bust while building and consulting on high performance computing systems at Platform Computing.

About Devhub:

We're excited to be hosting this event at Devhub, Canada’s first education and co-working space for developers of all levels. Devhub is a platform where developers can grow together, whether they’ve been coding for two decades or 8 weeks.

Our Sponsors:

Finally, we’re thrilled to announce that Symbility Intersect and Functional Imperative are sponsoring the event. And the folks at BetaKit and Mobile Syrup are providing media coverage. 

Look forward to seeing you there!

-The GDG Toronto Team and the folks at Devhub

Note: Unfortunately, the space at 46 Spadina Ave, Suite 400 is not accessible for those in wheelchairs. If you require any other accommodations, please reach out to us, and we’ll do what we can to help.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/GZE-loBz_xXNgUHUqfZw4YLQ34ILoqsdzYBisT8E5F232EzMwbBOAxss-Xicwkn-G-5UnuIdfuXgfLgAGnCuh_B4fYgPLPXxi1nizb5VvPzaiwMVjaA3bbj5kbPkEcGUMRzUpooQ

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/sgDydK1fseIzqoyHUaLyqy2qP5Fh8hFkG4-lVrXd54HDe_gw6ePa_SWPMRcDNk0GcfRz2O8F7o0-kJLn0qHFLUWbDX2_P_IF4DW-T8FxIv9MeLog_zJIOXCJIVmC4-bVcHocNAgS

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/PJAfoQw9NhPUZpEHe5fHvxwDVBqBXOW_JRqoe0D1caXrxB2IkuJbpI_Li0dKpCLdTz_wzqIYDp7uP2ej0cC6LoGACQ8Gaxk1jURAGp4Z-1-U9_w2LaSo3aXBNUAyGiVhPDYlV00O

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/rQzYfF4fQVgrKFZYfhi7hLZ5mhGfjCsosdDjB8GvZMSOUTUdrPe11yFNvvAkui5zM4dzcJ9E7oHNVs3pI3M_HmSCzIOklOw58GcXwMW7M4pmuoXN1H32DZMHWVzH7IhZvOu6C8ws

Organizer

• Solomon Hsu

GDG Organizer

Contact Us