Perusha Moodley is going to talk about the basics of machine learning with an overview of the Google Prediction API.
Perusha is a highly experienced enterprise developer with 15+ years. Perusha has an Engineering MSc in Automation and is currently interested in IoT and machine learning.
This session is an introductory session and will cover some of the basic concepts and terminology in machine learning, review algorithms for linear regression, classification and just touch on neural networks. We will also look very briefly at Google's prediction api, Cloud Vision api and TensorFlow.
Here is an overview of the talk:
• What is Machine Learning?
• Why are we talking about it?
Concepts and Terminology using Simple Linear Regression
• Demo – introduce Google Prediction and Cloud Vision apis
Other ML algorithms
• Softmax Classification; Demo – introducing TensorFlow
• NN; Demo – NN in TensorFlow