In this talk James Malone a Dataproc expert and Product Manager at Google is going to be talking about Google Dataproc, a managed Hadoop & Spark on the Google Cloud Platform (https://cloud.google.com/dataproc/).
Cloud Dataproc, running Spark/Hadoop on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
• Benefits GCP offers for these tools
• What is Cloud Dataproc; how does Dataproc position against other hosted Hadoop environments, such as Amazon's Elastic MapReduce (EMR)?
• Why use Spark/Hadoop?
Apache Beam - what is it and why does it matter?
• How does it work with Cloud Dataflow?
• Use cases for Beam over something like Spark or Hadoop
• How Beam relates to Dataproc (Spark/Hadoop)
The value of Dataproc
• How GCP can make Spark/Hadoop actually economical, fast, easy